ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

finding thumbnails

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/08/14 02:18 PM Views: 1182 Replies: 7
Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 2:18 PM

I am sure this question has been answered, but I cannot find it. I have many pictures uploaded on my account. Can I view thumbnails of all of them at the same time rather than clicking on one picture at a time only to find it was not the one I was looking for. Any help would be appreciated.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 2:31 PM - Response #1

Not really. Even if you open the File Vault, you need to click each one to see what the image is. There is not a thumbnail view in the File Vault.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 3:11 PM - Response #2

Can I then look at all my uploaded pictures somewhere else?

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 11:22 PM - Response #3

Has CC ever considered enabling such a feature, e.g., admin's being able to view thumbnails of what is in the file vault or what individual members have uploaded?

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 at 2:29 PM - Response #4

Although we have customized the file vault and editor systems... as they are a 3rd party software, we are somewhat bound in terms of functionality. I do not know if we are able to make this change or if this functionality is even supported by their software. I can look into this and let you know.

Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 9:23 PM - Response #5

Scott, The editor is customized to use the file vault and gives us a handy way to upload using the editor or upload graphics into the vault itself - one at a time. But if you create folders in the vault, you can't get to them directly from the editor when you want to upload a picture. And of course, there's been a stream of requests over the years to be able to do mass uploads, downloads, deletes, etc.

Since we know the URL to our vault (and each site is unique), and can view each picture from a browser without logging in, I don't know why we couldn't use any one of a dozen remote file managers - or FTP from a cmd window for that matter - totally independent of the editor.

Except the server's file manager demands a password for anything beyond read access to one file at a time. Perhaps your IT people could suggest a way for us to access our folder.

Friday, July 11, 2014 at 10:44 PM - Response #6

Next editor upgrade will address some issues here. First, Even Planner. Smile

Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 1:05 AM - Response #7

Great! It sure would be a LOT less trouble if we could handle the vault like any other folder....

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.