ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

FB Class Groups

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 01/22/13 03:36 PM Views: 4363 Replies: 3
Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 3:36 PM

We have a number of classes that put up a Facebook page for their reunions. Can we get a text window or link space at the top of each Classmate Profiles page for things that apply just to that one class? Or is there some other way that your new FB interface could handle these class groups?

Right now I just post a link on our Reunion Calendar page, but your new Reunion system may offer another solution, too. But I would like an edit box for each class just like we have on other pages.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 5:20 PM - Response #1

The short answer right now is no. However this may change. I'll need to better understand your question. "Can we get a text window or link space at the top of each Classmate Profiles page for things that apply just to that one class?" What specific types of things might go in here? The Classmate Profile page isn't intended to function as a content page or a place where information would be disseminated from. Within a multi year structure there may be a better way in general of posting information pertaining to only one class. We'll have to see how this plays out as the app progresses. I'm looking at a Facebook Fan Page generator tool as well. For the moment I have it noted that you're looking for a better way of posting information intended just for one class within a multi year structure. That may get into things pertaining to the business model itself so it's a larger question than it sounds. It is one we will put some thought into though. Thanks for raising the question.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 8:39 PM - Response #2

Each class rep has their own things they want the people to know, especially around reunion time, or just after. It's a natural place for people to go for that - on their class page, rathern than a separate forum or something.

I used to make a dummy classmate as a group page for each year, with a name that sorted at the top, but that was a mess & skewed out website stats. I posted their photos & announcements, sometimes just something to customize it to that group. Some of our classes are very competetive. I'd put in class stats about membership in our alumni association, reunion attendance, all-school event attendance, their scholarship donation totals, volunteerism, special things.

Some classes have their own CC websites or other custom sites, yahoo groups, etc., so I want a link to that at the top. Now they're getting Facebook Groups, not just for reunions but for coming together and sharing with each other as a group. Doesn't work that way going to our individual profiles, nor is FB the same as Chat.

Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 5:14 PM - Response #3

This would still be a great idea to have!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.