ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmates: Duplicate e-mail & password

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/21/08 07:29 PM Views: 1726 Replies: 5
Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 7:29 PM

Two of our clasmates married each other. They share the same e-mail address. The wife logged into both profiles and used the same password on both. How can we untangle this so they can post separate content on their pages?
www.classcreator.com/Waverly-IA-1958/class_profile.cfm?member_id=433211
and
www.classcreator.com/Waverly-IA-1958/class_profile.cfm?member_id=433214

Milo Schield, class webmaster.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 7:38 PM - Response #1

I have the same problem. Except for now the one male classmate who filled out his reunion questionnaire is now listed as his wife and his questions are under his wifes name and he has purchased his ticket but the wife has not. It is kind of funny when under "Who was your favorite teacher?" he put the name of a female teacher and how hot she was and good to look at lol

Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 7:47 PM - Response #2

Okay before I email these two and tell them how to fix this mess I need to know can you have the same email address on more than one profile and then just have different passwords to log in or will that just not work? They have to be able to log into their profiles independently. If they were to forget their password and use the forgot password function what password would it email them the one from profile John Doe or the one from profile Jane Doe?

Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 8:15 PM - Response #3

Milo Schield wrote:

Two of our clasmates married each other. They share the same e-mail address. The wife logged into both profiles and used the same password on both. How can we untangle this so they can post separate content on their pages?
www.classcreator.com/Waverly-IA-1958/class_profile.cfm?member_id=433211
and
www.classcreator.com/Waverly-IA-1958/class_profile.cfm?member_id=433214

Milo Schield, class webmaster.

You need to log in as the Administrator and change one of the two passwors to something else. Two Classmates can share the same email address. But each account must have a unique password.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 8:24 PM - Response #4

Tracy Estrada wrote:

Okay before I email these two and tell them how to fix this mess I need to know can you have the same email address on more than one profile and then just have different passwords to log in or will that just not work? They have to be able to log into their profiles independently. If they were to forget their password and use the forgot password function what password would it email them the one from profile John Doe or the one from profile Jane Doe?

Heh, you know this is just like being back in school doing logic problems. John lives 4 blocks west of Sally, and 3 blocks north of Bill. If John walked to Sally's house, and then to Bill's house, walking at a rate of 12 blocks per hour, would sally arrive at Bill's house before Brad figured out the answer to this question? I'm going to go with yes, because I have no clue what the answer to this is. But, it's an extremely good question, so thank you for even thinking of it. I'll ask the powers that be (also knows as the programmers) and see what they say.

Friday, August 22, 2008 at 11:32 AM - Response #5

From the programmer: It would use the first one found in the system.

There ya go. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.