ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Who's Attending list?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/30/11 08:14 PM Views: 1191 Replies: 8
Saturday, July 30, 2011 at 8:14 PM

I am hoping that a "who's attending" list can be automatically generated and displayed on the site (as a page with it's own link?) ??? If so, how is this done? If not, can I get suggestions for listing the attendance?

Thanks

Saturday, July 30, 2011 at 9:11 PM - Response #1

Please look at what I have done. I have done this by adding classmates AS they registered. I make it clear that this is the people who have put down the money, not just the intention.

It takes a little time, I don't do it from a report. I just do it.

Denise

Saturday, July 30, 2011 at 9:12 PM - Response #2

I meant to add, I use a survey link.

Saturday, July 30, 2011 at 10:01 PM - Response #3

Great site!

I just started up my site yesterday, and I'm under the gun to get this up and running ... can I ask you some (basic) questions?

1 -How did you add a menu item on the left menu?

2- How do you reorder these items?

3 - How do you embed a link on a page (particularly the Home Page)?

4 - How did you insert pictures on the right side of your home page

5- How did you get the music object/widget on the home page?

Any advice is greatly appreciated ...

Jeff

[/list]

Saturday, July 30, 2011 at 10:38 PM - Response #4

Gee, let me think.

1. All the left links are already there. I have used all the customized links so the others are gallery or re-purposed survey links.

2. I have not been able to reorder the items. That is something I am looking forward to. I want to have "sports" and then flyouts to the different things, "junior high" and flyouts to the two junior highs, you get the idea.

3. You find the link, say on You Tube, and you get the embed code and at the top you click the "source" button and then you see all the code, so you have to find where you want to copy and paste the embed code, that is a little tricky. The dimensions have to be changed normally. I use 400 w and 250 H and that works. Then you click the source code again and save.

4. I honestly don't remember but it must have been under the design function somehow. I did it in the beginning. It's the same picture that wraps somehow.

5. Not sure what you mean, the music link is a You Tube. See number 3.

Saturday, July 30, 2011 at 11:00 PM - Response #5

Thanks ...I am going to post the link question as a separate question ...

Saturday, July 30, 2011 at 11:06 PM - Response #6

One thing I noticed about the differences in our sites is that they are different layouts, chosen under the "change design" tab. I just didn't choose the one you had because 1971 was no where close to John Travolta, etc. and the 60's design was used by the class before us. So I chose the design I have. There are others.

Sunday, July 31, 2011 at 11:00 AM - Response #7

Putting a link on any page is easy.
Use the little world symbol on the editor page. The first one adds the link the second one deletes it. It's on the right hand of the editor screen. Highlight the words you want the link at. (Exampl:e Click here) then click on the world symbol, put the url in the pop up box click on ok...viola...link should be there. Don't forget to test your link.Wink
I hope this isn't to confusing.It's not in tecnoese!! Laughing
There isn't much tech support on wkends...but us Site Admins are usually around to help if we can.
Check out my site..in my announcement I have a link embedded there.

Sub-menus are on there way..CC will be launching 3.0..with a bunch of other great stuff.

As far as who's attending there might be a report in beta.
I just make a webpage and add each classmates name to it manually. It takes a little longer..but you would have to update the file all the time anyway. I am will check the reunion planner's beta reports today..since I will be working on our mini-event.
I hope all this helps!
The real techies will be here tomorrow!!Cool

Sunday, July 31, 2011 at 11:09 AM - Response #8

Checked out your site. One Suggestion Make your Welcome statement on the top of your homepage stand out.
You want your classmates to think this site is permanent and not just a temporary site just for the Reunion.
Keep up the good work!CoolWink

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.