ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Yearbook photos inconsistent sizzes

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/09/12 01:49 AM Views: 4144 Replies: 4
Friday, November 9, 2012 at 1:49 AM

I use the Paint Box program to edit photos. When I copy graduates' photos from a digital copy of our yearbook, some photos upload in a very small size. When a small photo uploads I delete it, then I try to resize the original ro make it much larger before uploading again. Same result, same small size photo appears. I've followed the pdf instructions for year book photos and searched the forum before writing. What am I mussing? Thanks for any help.

Friday, November 9, 2012 at 3:05 PM - Response #1

There are a lot of steps in the process, but the result is that the images uploaded will display at the size they are in the uploaded file, unless that size exceeds the limits defined in our system, in which case the uploaded image file will be resized down to the limit size. Smaller uploaded images will appear smaller.

Therefore, if you are getting inconsistent results, you must be uploading inconsistently sized originals. There are a million image editing programs out there, and if you are having trouble working with the one you have to get the results you want, I would recommend trying to find one that you find easier to work with.

Sunday, September 11, 2022 at 1:03 AM - Response #2

I have just been given back root admin after building the site 12 years ago. Lots of refreshing to do. Re editing profile photos - back then Edit/Upload Photo under MEMBER FUNCTION was used and it was easy to do. That tab is no longer there. So how do I edit profile images now?

Thanks!

Sunday, September 11, 2022 at 10:12 AM - Response #3

Profile photos which members wish to upload or edit are found under Member Functions > Edit Profile. After accessing your profile, click on "Photos" in the upper right corner and you'll be able to add or edit photos for your profile.

Edited 09/11/22 10:20 AM
Friday, September 16, 2022 at 2:17 PM - Response #4

Thanks, Scott. Much easier than before. And works like a charm!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.