ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Live chat on iPad or Android... yes? no?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/05/13 09:21 PM Views: 950 Replies: 8
Wednesday, June 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I'm not able to locate info on this... has anyone been able to chat in our sites' Live Chat on an iPad or Android?

Thursday, June 6, 2013 at 10:35 AM - Response #1

Live Chat Requires Flash. iPad - no flash. Android - it is possible, but not straightforward. You actually need to download a special browser for Android that also supports Flash. Someday we will be getting rid of the Flash Live Chat and upgrading it to something else. But right now that is a little ways down the list.

Thursday, June 6, 2013 at 3:54 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Scott! Suggesting Firefox on the Android would work then, right?

Adding... One of our TAP members was using an iPad a few weeks ago. We'll get in touch with him to see how he did that and report back!

Edited 06/06/13 3:58 PM
Friday, June 7, 2013 at 12:49 PM - Response #3

I used a Flash equipped iPad web browser "app" to participate in the TAP live chatting that I bought through the iTunes online store (for under five dollars at time of purchase) from a third party app creator. I was pleased with the results but also look forward when I can use a regular browser for CC and TAP matters on my iPad. Hope it will be fairly soon.

Friday, June 7, 2013 at 1:10 PM - Response #4

Gary. What is the name of that app? That is good info. Thanks

Friday, June 7, 2013 at 2:05 PM - Response #5

Thanks for finding this, Gary! We'll need to make a note of the app when you get back to this to help others. Really appreciate it! Smile

Friday, June 7, 2013 at 2:53 PM - Response #6

Hi Scott and Gwen. The app is called Photon Flash Player for iPad (with private web browser). The name of company selling it on iTunes is shown as Appserve Inc. There are some others but after reading the app descriptions and customer reviews for each, I selected this one. It works for me. Hope this helps others out there.

Edited 06/07/13 3:11 PM
Friday, June 7, 2013 at 4:18 PM - Response #7

Thanks for the info, Gary!

Friday, June 7, 2013 at 11:25 PM - Response #8

You are welcome Gwen. Hope it works.

Edited 06/07/13 11:26 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.