ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Contact Information

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/06/12 03:32 PM Views: 1331 Replies: 4
Monday, August 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Is it possible for a classmate to display their phone number only on their profile page? My classmate has a stalker and doesn't want her address shown but would like to share her phone number. It doesn't appear that there is anything I can do as administrator. She has already registered on the site.

Monday, August 6, 2012 at 4:33 PM - Response #1

The options are not that fine-grained. If she wants to share her phone number, she can either remove her address information from the Details page or post her phone number elsewhere within her profile and not display the contact details page contents at all. Note that in the latter case, there is a risk of sharing her phone number with the entire internet if the privacy checkbox for the profile page is not checked.

Monday, August 6, 2012 at 7:44 PM - Response #2

When I look in the Edit Contact Info it doesn't appear to allow you to change your privacy setting. Since she originally opted not to show her contact info and now wants to show her phone number, removing her address wouldn't allow the phone number to be shown. Am I missing something?

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 at 10:21 AM - Response #3

The privacy settings are at the bottom of the Edit Profile page rather than the Edit Contact Info page.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 7:37 PM - Response #4

Sorry...but when I read this....I would question why she would even want her phone number available if she has a "stalker". This person could easily find out where she lives by phone number alone!! I would re-think this one! Just my 2cents. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.