ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Telephone # in Reunion Planner

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/18/10 11:47 AM Views: 1298 Replies: 5
Sunday, July 18, 2010 at 11:47 AM

I'm looking at the Reunion Planner to use for information and register only for our 50th reunion in Oct. We aren't taking payments over the internet.

Reading the instructions, it says the default questions include telephone number.. I don't see a place where they enter their number. I tried to enter a question so they could fill in their telephone or cell phone number.. But, I either get a little round dot or a large comment box.. No area to put a number.

Thanks

Sunday, July 18, 2010 at 12:46 PM - Response #1

We took telephone number out of the default questions. I did leave "Phone" up in the instructions though, so I'm glad you caught that. I just removed it. Rather than having separate telephone number fields in various places in the system, now the whole system pulls from the Telephone field on the Details page. If you want to add a separate telephone number here anyway, you can add your own custom Telephone Number question. Select a single line form field answer type, and don't forget to hit the "Update" button to make the change take effect. And of course don't forget to press the Save button at the very bottom of the page to save your new custom question.

Sunday, July 18, 2010 at 3:31 PM - Response #2

Brad

My telephone # is in the details on my profile.. I registered for the reunion to see how it works. It pulled all of my personal info, but, no telephone #.

If we print out a report of all who is coming to the reunion, we would like to have a telephone # included..

Maybe, I'm just missing it somewhere..

Sunday, July 18, 2010 at 3:39 PM - Response #3

The assumption was that people didn't need to add a telephone number here since there's already a # for them in Classmate Details. If you want the telephone number to appear as part of the custom reunion reports though, then you do need to add the question. I went ahead and added the Telephone Number question for you while I was in there. If you want to see where it is or move it to a different location within your registration form, just go back into Reunion Edit mode at take a look.

Sunday, July 18, 2010 at 3:57 PM - Response #4

I saw that when I just went into it again... Thanks... That will save me from looking up everybody's phone # and adding it to the report...

Monday, July 19, 2010 at 4:57 AM - Response #5

Lynda Laughner wrote:

I'm looking at the Reunion Planner to use for information and register only for our 50th reunion in Oct. We aren't taking payments over the internet.

Reading the instructions, it says the default questions include telephone number.. I don't see a place where they enter their number. I tried to enter a question so they could fill in their telephone or cell phone number.. But, I either get a little round dot or a large comment box.. No area to put a number.

Thanks

Just a question and comment.
Why aren't you taking payments over the internet??? Sales for our reunion next month..went the thru the roof because of using the payment option ie: check & credit card option thru CC. (btw...the credit card option is the most way our classmates are paying for the reunion. Check sales are almost nil). Our tickets sales are over $12,000 (this includes website & Domain name donations, Add'l Memory Book and reunion tickets sales). And we still our collecting money,out deadline for tickets sales are July 30th...90% are in credit card sales. And the record keeping is soooo easy...plus the Reunion Committee has saved a ton of money on postage costs..we send out 1 mailing so far to about 130 people who we had addresses, some included good addresses and requests for flyers. 10% came back due to bad addresses and out of 120 assuming good addresses & requests, we got a 10% response rate. I would never try to plan another reunion w/o using the order system...even our puter challenged alumni...luv the site!!!
You might want to re-consider!!!
FYI....I have a multi-yr site..with about 1700 classmates in the database, so far we have 15% active plus have found some who don't have access to the internet..or no puters. Out of the 1700...we have about 5% deceased.
CC ROCKS!!!QuestionQuestionQuestionExclamationExclamationExclamation

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.