ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Attaching Coupon

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/22/11 08:37 PM Views: 1977 Replies: 7
Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 8:37 PM

I have just started creating a business/hobby page for my classmates. We are featuring businesses or hobbies which are either classmates, family members, or where they work to help promote and encourage other classmates to use their services. One of them has offered a 15% discount to any alumni of our class who come to their flooring business. Is there a way to attach a coupon which is done in MS word to the page so when they click it, they can print the coupon? Hopefully I have made myself clear about what I am trying to do... thanks!

Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 12:06 AM - Response #1

I believe that if you saved the coupon as a jpeg from Word and then upload it to your site, get the URL and add it to the page like you do for an image.

Maybe someone can be more specific on how to do this.

Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 1:35 AM - Response #2

I would save the WORD file as a PDF file, then type "Click HERE for coupon", select the text you just typed, then upload the file through the Edit Site Pages, Edit YOUR CUSTOM PAGE, Insert/Edit Link, BROWSE to find your PDF file, UPLOAD, then click the TARGET tab and choose Another Window, then save the link. The text you typed will become a link to your coupon and they can click the link, the coupon will show and they can print the coupon.

Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 8:13 AM - Response #3

Suggestion
Could some of these great tips with the an explanation be put in a downloading booklet??? A pdf file. It would really help...this way we don't have to sort thru tons of forum responses for all these great tips and how to's!!!!
I know as an ole Timer and a learner of HTML code...Thanx to CC..I have a tendency to forget some of the steps.Having the instructions in front of me helps. Don't have to keep it all in my ole timers head.
I guess I should have posted this under new topic. Suggestions for the good of CC. Laughing
Thanx

Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 6:36 PM - Response #4

Although not a book, an expanded Knowledge Base in planned. Lots to do first though, stay tuned. Smile

Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 11:26 PM - Response #5

Brad Switzer wrote:

Although not a book, an expanded Knowledge Base in planned. Lots to do first though, stay tuned. Smile

That sounds great...many instructions and manuals are now downloadable in pdf form...which sure saves lots of surfing thru the forums.
Knowledge Base...mmmmmm!!!! gotta make it a snappier name!!!Razz

Monday, January 24, 2011 at 10:13 PM - Response #6

Ok I published it as a PDF file. How do I upload it?

Monday, January 24, 2011 at 10:34 PM - Response #7

1. Go into edit mode for any page.
2. Click the Chain Link icon.
3. Click the Upload tab.
4. Upload your file
5. Copy the resulting path to the file on your web site.
6. Use the chain link icon to create a link to the document from any page of your web site.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.