ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Adding photo to new classmate entry adds camera icon

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/05/14 01:31 PM Views: 718 Replies: 10
Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 1:31 PM

About the time of the profile changes, I added about 60 new classmates. When I upload yearbook photos for them, it adds the 'photo' icon in the profiles, even though the classmate has not yet joined. This makes it appear the classmate has uploaded a photo. Older classmate profiles do not show the icon. This is the way I think it should be. Will this be fixed? I need to have this universal for all un-joined classmates.

Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 2:06 PM - Response #1

I think they just fixed this. I had a similar problem, but now they all look fine. I'll test in a bit to verify.

Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 2:10 PM - Response #2

Still happens. I have to delete the classmate, then re-enter him to remove the camera icon in the 'Classmate Profiles'.

Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 2:21 PM - Response #3

Still happening. In this thread between Brad and Jack, Brad says it's being worked. Remains a work in progress.

Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 2:25 PM - Response #4

Thanks. I have now subscribed to the other thread, so I will receive updates.

Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 2:32 PM - Response #5

Just created another Test profile with an address, nothing else. Uploaded a Yearbook photo, worked ok with no extra icon.

Will do it without an address next.

Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 2:41 PM - Response #6

Strange that it would work differently for you as opposed to Dale and me. I just adjusted the yearbook photo for a guy having only contact information both of which were entered years ago and he now has the camera icon and update profile message. Until the photo adjustment just now it had been no icon and Join Here.

Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 2:45 PM - Response #7

Both worked OK. (this is in new 'social' format)

Funny thing is that if I add a photo (besides the yearbook) to a non-joined classmate it still does not show a photo icon.

Is this a problem for anyone?

Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 2:58 PM - Response #8

Current updates on testing. Going over to live on Monday. Suggest testing any issues then. Will provide updates here.

Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 3:04 PM - Response #9

Looks like this depends on this option setting:

"Show Admin-entered Classmate Profile details prior to Classmate joining the site."

Whether the photo icon shows or not should not be related to that option. So IMO that's a minor bug - just a tad confusing? (I was testing that option for another reason not realizing it afffected the photo icon.)

So not fixed yetCoolCool

Edited 01/05/14 3:06 PM
Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 3:41 PM - Response #10

Wow, you're right! For those who had the camera icon appear as a result of my adjustment to their yearbook photo switching that option back and forth causes the camera icon to disappear and then re-appear. Who'd a thought?

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.