ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Domain Registry of America

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/22/11 08:22 PM Views: 11258 Replies: 5
Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 8:22 PM

I'm pretty sure I read a post some time ago about getting scammed to renew domain names by Domain Registry of America. Even tho I pay monthly I don't think I should have a concern.

If I am correct, could there be a link somewhere to remind others to ignore the letter. I received mine a couple of days ago. The letter looks very official, not!!

Thanks,

Larry

Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 9:46 PM - Response #1

Hi Larry,

We warn of Domain Registry of America in several domain scam emails that we send out to administrators throughout the year. We also warn of them in our FAQs. It is unfortunate that they choose to run their business this way. Their notices can be confusing.

Fortunately most admins know to ignore them and those who accidently pay them we have been very successful in assisting them with getting their money back.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, June 9, 2011 at 6:35 PM - Response #2

Hi Jessica,

I guess I should have read through the FAQ's before I sent out a check last week...........but I didn't. So shame on me that I fell for it and sent them a check for $60 Embarassed. I knew something was up when I received an email today saying that the transfer and renewal was not yet complete, so I didn't follow their instructions and send them the EPP Key to complete the transfer.

How hard is it to get my money back? And how do I get that ball rolling.

Thanks
Karen Avon

Friday, June 10, 2011 at 12:21 PM - Response #3

It is not hard - just call them and tell them that you did not wish to transfer your domain and will not be completing the transfer process therefore they have not provided the service and you would like a full refund. Their phone number is (866) 434-0212

They have to provide a refund if they did not provide the service. It may take a while to get a check back from them but they are required to provide one so you will get one back.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 1:34 PM - Response #4

Jessica,
Do you know if there are any government agencies this deceotful practice can be reported to that have the power to stop this scam?

Ray

Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 1:43 PM - Response #5

If you have enough money to pay off Congress to tighten the laws on this then you can stop it (or enough persistence to annoy them into doing it). This scam follows the letter of the law and as such they cannot be stopped.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.