ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Add NEXT and PREVIOUS buttons

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 11/28/08 02:05 PM Views: 1189 Replies: 3
Friday, November 28, 2008 at 2:05 PM

In these forums, I like to browse each forum category. But it would be convient to not have to re-click on "Forum List" each time to get to the next/previous category.

I suggest to put a "NEXT" and "PREV" button at the top of the "topic summary" screen. In the top-right corner, there is "< Page: 1 2 3 4 5 >" So underneath this, I would suggest "< Topic >" where the "<" and ">" are links to the next topics.

When looking at the "General Questions" topics, there would be a ">" that would take you to the "Questions and Answers About Building Your Site" topics. At the top of the "Questions and Answers About Building Your Site", there would be a "<" to link back to the "General Questions" topic.

Friday, November 28, 2008 at 4:47 PM - Response #1

Concerns here would be:

1) Interface clutter to save just 1 click.
2) People won't necessarily know what the Next and Previous buttons do. They could just as easily assume the buttons will link to the next or previous batch of topics within the forum they're already in.

I think in terms of people looking at something for the first time. Is it clear without having to guess? Usability is key in everything we create. Sometimes, less really is more. Just my two cents here -- all recommendations appreciated.

Monday, December 1, 2008 at 12:44 PM - Response #2

Then how about NEXT FORUM and PREV FORUM buttons in the grayish title that displays "Forums: General Questions"?

I know it is low priority.

Monday, December 1, 2008 at 2:41 PM - Response #3

You're probably thinking I'm a total stick in the mud on this issue. Smile I believe in clean interfaces. By adding next buttons you're saving 1 click total. Can you list all of the forums in order from memory? I.E. will you even know where the next forum button actually goes? I suppose if you're going to go through every single one of the forums then it really wouldn't matter if you remember or not, but for the people who aren't doing it that way would they know where the buttons will go? When anyone could just click on "Forum List" again and then just jump right to the next forum they want to read?

And yes Kyle, I know, I drive my own programmers crazy with this same type of thing. Just ask 'em. Actually better yet, don't. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.