ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Graduate, Non-Graduate Photos

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/09/10 05:25 PM Views: 1704 Replies: 7
Friday, April 9, 2010 at 5:25 PM

I was wondering what the rest of you do when a classmate joins your site that went to your school but didn't graduate with you. Do you still find a photo to post in their profile Graduation Photo section anyway?

Also do you include a photo of them on their Reunion name tags as well?

Thanks for any advice. Smile

Edited 04/09/10 5:26 PM
Friday, April 9, 2010 at 5:46 PM - Response #1

I have gone back as far as 9th grade pics to use. I think most people will remember them even if the photo is old. If they went to another school maybe they can provide a photo from that school. Ask them if they have one..

Friday, April 9, 2010 at 5:49 PM - Response #2

I've politely written and asked them for such photos. One gal arrived in September of our Senior year, after the grad photos were taken (in July or August between our Jr and Sr years). She had a nice shot of her in her cap and gown that she sent along. Others, who had moved away, sometimes send their senior photo from their subsequent school, or even a photo from the family album from around that time.

If all else fails, I reach back to earlier yearbooks, but I only got to my school as a sophomore.....

And, yes, we have used those photos on reunion badges.

Edited 04/09/10 5:50 PM
Friday, April 9, 2010 at 6:06 PM - Response #3

I went through our Senior Yearbook to pull pictures on classmates. If there wasn't a picture due to the classmate not taking one, moving to another school, or dropping out.....then I went down the line (Junior, Sophmore, Freshman yearbooks) till I found a picture. If I was able to get in touch with those classmates, I did ask if they had a Senior picture for us to use instead and got 1 reply. There were several classmates that I couldn't even find one for, so the picture space is blank because they haven't joined yet. I had this one girl that I got a picture from our Junior yearbook (the only one in there of her head-to-toe photo shot) and she became extremely upset that I posted it and requested it be removed. I removed it and asked if she had a picture she would like posted in it's place and I never heard back.

Friday, April 9, 2010 at 6:54 PM - Response #4

I have done the same thing. I think it is important to have a photo. With a photo you usually can recognize them or remember them. It is sometimes hard to remember people 40 years later

Friday, April 9, 2010 at 7:26 PM - Response #5

I have also gone back as far as 9th grade. Several of those have joined the site and they haven't complained about their photos.

Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 4:01 AM - Response #6

I like for everyone to have a photo and will go back to our Sophomore year if necessary. If they don't have a yearbook photo, then I ask them to send me a photo, either their senior picture or a photo of them between the ages of 16-18. We haven't used photos on name tags at the reunions in the past, but that sounds like a good idea. This summer is our 35th year. We have invited classmates that went to our school, but for whatever reason, did not graduate with the class.

Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 8:46 AM - Response #7

Thanks for all your replies. Most of you feel the way I do and try to find a photo in earlier years. I do worry that they won't like the photo I posted but maybe they will offer a better photo of their own.

The photos on the name tags went over really well for our 35th and I plan to do it again for our 40th this summer. I might just use our 7th grade photos this time. We were all so cute and awkward at that age! Very Happy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.