ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Class Site Problems

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/08/20 10:05 PM Views: 346 Replies: 7
Monday, June 8, 2020 at 10:05 PM

My site is messed up. When I view Homepage only get a few entries. I can see all entries when I am editing. I need help bad!
Betty H

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 12:29 AM - Response #1

Sorry, your home page is only visible to logged in people.

However, what is probably wrong is a < script > followed by the tag < /invalid > That should actually be < /script > (remove the blanks - I do that so the forum doesn't go bonkers.)

Somehow some sites got modified by something and what happens is that all the data past is not processed by the browser. I suspect more will post in the future?

Sometimes there is nothing there at all (had that happen in one site).

So make sure that all your < script > whatever follows has a terminating < /script >

In the editor just search first for < /invalidtag > If not found, search for < script (no blank after < though)

Edited 06/09/20 12:29 AM
Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 10:03 PM - Response #2

Hi Betty,

It should be all there now. There was one invalid/incomplete tag in the code that may have been copied in with some of the external images and content. I removed the tag that was never displaying in the past and should not affect your remaining content.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 11:15 PM - Response #3

Nope, that's not how that happened. CC is creating these entries. Normally you can't just remove them, you have to replace them with the original < /script >

ALL of the ones I have seen (about 7 sites) all had identical issues. Nobody copied or pasted anything. It was modified by CC. Some of it I can say 100% sure since I was involved in the original creation of the page.

So there is some code running (or was running) that is doing/did this.

Just now, found an OLD Youtube embed with flash that had the entry.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 11:24 PM - Response #4

Jack,

In this sites case there was an opening tag with no closing tag and it never could have loaded. I'm not sure why it was able to load previously. I took the tag out and it is loading fine now. I did try to replace it with the script tag first and that was not the issue.

The latest version of the programming software we use did flag some tags as invalid - I do know what you are referring to. It just wasn't the case here. Some of these tags do carry over when content is copied and pasted from other systems.

Jessica

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 11:57 PM - Response #5

Making sure the CC realizes that there is (or was) a bug floating in the system.

All of these were literally generated by CC without anyone doing anything. There is nothing that uses < /Invalidtag > out in the wild. I can't see the page otherwise I could tell exactly what was going on.

As I noted, there had to be a < script > < style > or similar there in the first place. If it was a < style > then it has to have < /style > as the replacement. It was not a blanket "always" use < / script >. Has to match. Could not see, but if this was not script related that's even worse Idea

A floating < /Invalidtag > does NOT eat all the html that follows that tag.

Enter just that entry and nothing happens to the page. An < /invalidtag > is literally invalid and ignored. However, the < script > IS processed or < style >. I haven't checked all, but probably some others.

I'd try to find out what is doing that since I'm pretty sure there are others that will post this. There were 4 others that I could see and it was < /script > replaced with < /Invalidtag > and one site that I worked with. Multiple pages had the issue.

Edited 06/10/20 12:01 AM
Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 12:08 AM - Response #6

Jack,

We are checking into it further.

Jessica

Friday, June 12, 2020 at 1:28 PM - Response #7

Please check this again. The programmer went through and reviewed individual instances on your site and adjusted them.

Jessica

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.