ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Upload Problems

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/30/11 10:54 PM Views: 1119 Replies: 8
Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 10:54 PM

I have created a .csv file with my class list but when I try to upload it I get the message,
"Oops!

One or more rows in your import file contained invalid data.

No data was inserted! Please correct the following errors and try again
•No file sent.

Try again"

I dont' know what the invalid data could be. I've checked for commas and there are none. I am attaching the file

Edited 07/01/11 3:38 PM
Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 11:20 PM - Response #1

I don't know for sure, but try removing the " ' " in the following names:

O'Brien
O'Donnell
O'Malley

Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 11:23 PM - Response #2

and O'Neill

Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 11:23 PM - Response #3

You can add the " ' " back in after uploading

Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 11:34 PM - Response #4

And that qualifies as a bug - if true.

Error message needs serious workExclamation

Friday, July 1, 2011 at 9:25 AM - Response #5

Thank you so much. This did work.

Friday, July 1, 2011 at 3:15 PM - Response #6

Actually, I had the programmer check this out.

He said that single quotes work fine. If he would have tried it a 2nd time, the upload would probably have worked with the same file.

"single quotes work fine, I was able to upload his attachment with no errors. the error he got simply meant somehow there was a problem with the upload itself and we didn't receive the file. since he was able to upload it to the help forums though, i suspect it was a temporary glitch"

Friday, July 1, 2011 at 3:33 PM - Response #7

Suggestion for a little bit of revision: A clearer "no file was sent" is all that was (and should be) needed. IOW, the "invalid data" message never should have been triggered. Although technically something clearer even nicer - saying file was received incomplete or with errors and to resend.

I was curious about the error messages right away - that's why I said it needed serious work. Looks like a catchall error message to start with that then attempts to list the nature of the error. Just has to check for incomplete file first and skip the misleading part.

Plus it didn't make sense about the ', since it creates a file like that on a download and that's not a very unusual character in a name.Cool

Friday, July 1, 2011 at 3:39 PM - Response #8

Helene Bjorseth wrote:

I am attaching the file

I deleted the file because these forums are public and the file contained e-mail addresses. If we need the file again in the future, we will contact you.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.