ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Link colors

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/21/08 02:56 AM Views: 1472 Replies: 9
Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 2:56 AM

I have a bit of code experience, but I am finding sometimes HTML does not work the way that it normally would on other places one would use code.

The blue link color does not go with our school colors (Black and red). Is there a way to change the link color to another color? Would a CSS code work better?

Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 3:13 AM - Response #1

Our system doesn't do anything at all with default link colors (which are blue in all browsers I've ever seen). I've made a note of your request and we'll see if we can work in a color setting for active link colors in upcoming templates.

Monday, April 13, 2009 at 2:34 PM - Response #2

Hi -- Just checking to see if anything was done with this? It seems when I first created my pages a few months back, I was able to change the link color....but now it is back to blue. However, one shows purple in my editing view and now sure how that happend either! I would like for my link color to be black so please advise if there is anyway I can change it. I have tried everything I *thought* I did a few months back to change to black, but now at a loss. The links are on my 20 Year Reunion Page....

Thanks!!

Monday, April 13, 2009 at 4:50 PM - Response #3

You can set your navigational link color, but the default links within the body area of the site are still blue. We may still work this into upcoming designs as mentioned, however we're currently focused on features and not new designs. Actually we may work this into the current designs too, we'll have to take a look at that. We have numerous new features in the works here currently so I'm afraid it will be awhile before we look at this still -- but it is on the Task List.

Monday, April 13, 2009 at 5:01 PM - Response #4

Thanks --- BTW I got to looking at my site and on my home page, I actually have an orange link. I guess somehow I was able to do it....just don't seem to have the magic touch any more!

Monday, April 13, 2009 at 5:06 PM - Response #5

Oh. You can just select any link with your mouse and then hit your color swatch to recolor it. I should have mentioned that. I was talking about setting a master site wide link color, but there's nothing to stop anyone from easily selecting their text and coloring it any way they want.

Monday, April 13, 2009 at 5:18 PM - Response #6

That is what's weird...I was able to do that on the main page, but not the other page. I will keep trying...

Thanks!

Monday, April 13, 2009 at 5:23 PM - Response #7

I got it! I had to click the link color first then type the link name ---- then go back and delete the original link name that was in blue. Hope this helps anyone else trying for the same outcome!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 11:25 PM - Response #8

Any update on making it possible to change the default link color yet?

This is really bad on the eyes at times. The links are turning light blue.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 11:45 PM - Response #9

This got moved a ways down the task list. Adding a few new variables to the Change Colors page is relatively simple though, I'll see if we can bump this up a little.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.