ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Where Comments are Received?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/12/15 02:14 PM Views: 1360 Replies: 4
Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 2:14 PM

Each time we see this, I check Statistics and the name below usually did not log in . Where did they received comments? No comments made on either their profile nor at What's New.
Thanks for your reply.

-----------------------------------

St Catherine's School
Multi Year 1956 - 1991

•Profile update

•Name (196Cool (received comments)

Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 5:25 PM - Response #1

Finding a new "(received comments)" can be a game of hide an seek since 'new' highlights are not always handled consistantly. For example, if it's the first time you've gone to view that profile since they made changes in how 'new' works, nothing is shown as new. The design assumes that on the first access to a profile EVERYTHING is new so nothing is highlighted.

You should see the pop-up box telling you that the profile has changed since your last visit - again, unless it's the "first visit" Assuming that comes up, it's still not always intuitive to find what's new.

It may be a comment under one of the profile question/answer boxes - and those were not showing up in What's New the last time I looked. Or it may be a comment under a profile's photo gallery photo which is finally highlighted and shown after you page down to see the photos. Those do show up in WN though.

Oh, and a "Happy Birthday" comment/message posted in a profile may not be obvious if there's one already there from the same day last year since they don't display the year for those comments - and they're not always highlighted when new. But a comment under one of those WILL be highlighted, and will show the year in the date stamp. And a post a message/comment does usually show up in WN.

Edited 11/12/15 5:27 PM
Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 9:21 PM - Response #2

Well, no wonder I'm having problems figuring out why some things are there and some aren't. Wish there was an emoticon or emoji for "my head is spinning"!

Edited 11/18/16 3:24 PM
Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 9:45 PM - Response #3

Friday, November 13, 2015 at 10:35 AM - Response #4

Very Happy When 1 + 1 doesn't make 2 humor is best...

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.