ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Donations

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/09/11 04:53 PM Views: 1216 Replies: 3
Tuesday, August 9, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Can anyone tell me how to reflect donations on the website?

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 at 5:24 PM - Response #1

I just added a page called Donor Page and added their names to the list as contribution was received. I have the following at the top of the page:

THANKS TO OUR DONORS
Thanks to our donors whose contributions help to defray the cost of this website and the expenses related to putting on a reunion such as printing and postage. If you would like for us to add your name to this page go to the DONATE button on the right side of the Home page.  Thanks for your support!

Janie

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 at 5:32 PM - Response #2

I suggest having a donations page like Janie said, but leave off the AMOUNTS - thus keeping it anonymous how much was donated.

To collect donations, you can do that through your Reunion Planner, add an item for sale and set the cost of the item to be "8888" and this will signal the reunion planner that this amount is a user-entered amount.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 at 7:09 PM - Response #3

We've collected donations twice now: to fund our website and then (through Reunion Planner) for the "Turning 60" Party. I played down both and both were very successful!

I didn't list amounts for our Website and most gave $20; however, some who wanted to give substantial amounts asked what the Categories were. I found classmates preferred Categories so they could be listed. They gave $100 and $200!

Good luck!
Sue

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.