ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

A place for old emails

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/02/15 03:04 PM Views: 746 Replies: 6
Monday, November 2, 2015 at 3:04 PM

I was talking to a classmate last night (FINALLY straightening out his bounceback) and we were talking about him missing about 6 monthly "newsletters." Now, I know I can go in and send them all to him, but I got to thinking: is there any way to archive the letters (I would not archive them ALL for public viewing) so that classmates could go back and check something they know they saw in the spring, for instance. Is there a relatively easy way to do this?

Denise

Monday, November 2, 2015 at 3:07 PM - Response #1

Not built into the system. However I have seen some administrators manually create an archive by copying the email, adding a new page to the site under a category they call Newletters, and adding the page for members to find via their side nav.

Monday, November 2, 2015 at 3:10 PM - Response #2

I knew I could do that, but I didn't want to if there was an easier way. Lazy, I know. Maybe I can make that a winter project when I'm snowed in. Wink

Monday, November 2, 2015 at 5:28 PM - Response #3

Please don't say that word. I am enjoying the warm start to November here in Ann Arbor! Smile

Monday, November 2, 2015 at 8:12 PM - Response #4

It's nice here too. The whole week will be great until my son's football team (he is head coach) plays in the OSHAA football playoffs on Friday. We HAVE to go and I am tired of sitting in the rain. This season has not been good, weather wise. The good news is that his team won their league. Woohoo! When football is over, I'm ready for cooler weather. We're going to Nashville for a little vacation.

Monday, November 2, 2015 at 8:42 PM - Response #5

You could create a USER FORUM topic of "Old Emails" and then post the each email as it's own thread under the topic. Then the emails can be read and saved and people can also comment on them.

Monday, November 2, 2015 at 8:46 PM - Response #6

I think that's a better idea. They wouldn't have to scroll so much.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.