ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Is There a Pay Pal Page I Can See

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/07/09 08:55 AM Views: 1613 Replies: 10
Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 8:55 AM

I'm wanting to add a "Pay Pal" link on our Reunion Page. We won't be selling any items but just want to have this service available so classmates can pay for their part of the cost of the reunion. Does anyone have a page like this I can see?

Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 10:21 AM - Response #1

Kathy (& Brad),

I peeked at your site & noticed your school picture on the home page in the upper right corner only shows part of the school. The top half is blank, like maybe the photo had a large white margin or something. Love that mascot picture!!

Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 10:44 AM - Response #2

Mary,
Actually, we didn't have a top half to our high school...held classes only in the basement...
Just kidding. I don't have the fully "pixelated" (is that a word?) photo on this laptop. I scarfed that one from the one on Classmates and it just doesn't work. So, as soon as I arrive home, I will add the top two floors to our alma mater. I wondered how many people would notice that.
Kathy

Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 10:50 AM - Response #3

Even though you are not selling items, I'd still turn on items for sale. Just make one item and call it "Reunion Registration Fee" or something like that. Then people can pay you as they sign up for your reunion.

Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 10:55 AM - Response #4

By the way, I ran a macro photo interpolation script on your school photo. The script automatically fills in any missing photo pixels and fully restores your photo. Thus, you can see it looks ok now.

Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 4:38 PM - Response #5

Brad,
Wow ! That's amazing ! And all this time I just thought it was because I used my photo that was posted elsewhere that I had downsized for the web that was causing the problem. Can you turn on that macro photo interpolation script thing-a-ma-jig from where you are and clean my house? I mean, you just added two full stories to our high school...
Kathy Smile

Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 7:44 PM - Response #6

Well Kathy, I sure wish I could, but as I totally just made that up, I doubt the photo macro interpolation thingy will clean your house any better than it would have fixed your photo issue.

If you want to know how I really fixed it, you uploaded a school photo with a bunch of white space above and below your image. For it to work correctly, you'd have needed to crop off all of that extra white space and then upload your photo. We save the original upload though, so I just grabbed it, trimmed off the white space, reuploaded it for you, and then wrote a bunch of crap about macro interpolation, etc. But, didn't that sound much cooler than what I really did to fix the problem? Smile

Edited 03/07/09 7:50 PM
Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 8:06 PM - Response #7

And I was even going to "google" that to see what kind of wizardry you had mastered. Now it all makes sense, you just got out your scissors and cut off the white border. I'll bet you have white out on your screen when you make typos, too...don't you?

Now, I know this question may not fit in this category, but: Is there only one yearbook page?

I've scanned one page, resized it and it fits perfectly. Only problem, I have several more pages of our yearbook to share. If I make the page smaller, you can't recognize the faces.

I'm sure there's an answer to this that I've just overlooked.

Thanks,
Kathy

P.S. You just burst my bubble. And all this time I thought you were the King of All Computer Knowledge.

Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 8:11 PM - Response #8

DuH.

I figured it out...just click below the pic and there's more room.

K

Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 8:16 PM - Response #9

Yes, I did the electronic equivalent of trimming your photo with scissors! How old school of me! Smile

You can do yearbooks 3 ways:

1) If you just want yearbook photos, upload them to the system under your Manage Clasmates area. Then when viewing your Classmate Profiles page click the "Yearbook Photo" sort option, and you'll see everyone's yearbook photos all together on the page. See an example here.

2) You can simply scan in each page one after another. Check out an example of that here.

3) You can use issu.com to build a dynamic Flash yearbook. Seriously cool stuff but a little more involved. For instructions on how to embed an issu-made yearbook click our FAQs link above, click Questions About Building Your Site, and read Question #18. An example of this can be seen here. Be sure to click on the yearbook on the page itself to exapand it out, and after doing that also click the icon near the top to go into maximum full screen mode. When you do this you'll see just how cool issue yearbooks are.

Edited 03/07/09 8:24 PM
Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 8:43 PM - Response #10

Well, I DID google photo interpolation and decided that whatever that program was, it would probably be too expensive! I'll just send my stuff to Brad...

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.