ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Could Playlist Be Causing Problems

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/07/09 08:43 AM Views: 1453 Replies: 4
Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 8:43 AM

Our web-site is about 5 days old and I'm loving the response to our 40th reunion. I've been working from my laptop and have never had problems with it before but since adding a Playlist to our Home Page, it has consistently "frozen up." I have to manually shut it down and restart in safe mode. Could the Playlist be the culprit?

Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 10:46 AM - Response #1

Looking at your home page, yes, I suspect Playlist actually is the culprit. But only becuase I think something else is wrong on your laptop. Make sure you have the latest version of Flash installed. Make sure you are using the latest version of your web browser. Can you duplicate this in any other browser on your laptop? The good news is, I don't think any of your Classmates are having this same problem. The bad news is, I'm sure you are. Thus I think you're going to need to try some updates and some tests to see if you can get past this.

Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 10:51 AM - Response #2

Brad,
Thanks for the advice...now, I will have to go find my cornpooter guru to translate what you said and fix my laptop...Just glad that probably none of my classmates are having the same problem.
I'll use this space just to say that Class Creator is the best thing since Sliced Bread.
I am a computer challenged senior citizen with very few skills: "Drag and Drop"..."Copy Cut Paste" and I'm a pro at "Click NEXT or CONTINUE"...
We only been up and running 4 days and the response has been fantastic.
Thank You !
Kathy

Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 7:55 PM - Response #3

Great! I must warn you though, Class Creator has a way of turning computer novices into computer gurus. I'm not kidding either, and your "senior citizen status" doesn't exclude you. My own mother, Marshalltown High School Class of 1958 at www.marshalltownhighschool58.com, started from scratch and went on to build a knock out web site. A lot of people think I helped her, but the truth is I didn't. Just like you, she learned it all one piece at a time, and as a result she's picked up all kinds of computer skills she uses for things having nothing to do with Class Creator. So look out, I bet a few weeks from now you'll be doing all kinds of things you never knew you could do.

Edited 03/07/09 8:00 PM
Thursday, March 12, 2009 at 3:18 PM - Response #4

Brad,
I am so impressed with your mom's site. I have used it for many of our ideas our our place.
Thanks for all the tips.
Kathy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.