ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Memorial Page Addition

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/20/08 01:31 PM Views: 1475 Replies: 9
Wednesday, August 20, 2008 at 1:31 PM

Is there any way to add additional information to the "In Memory" page? For example, I'd like to add an overall dedication and verse to this page. Thanks for any advice.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 at 4:28 PM - Response #1

Shortly the text entry box on your In Memory page will be replaced with an instance of your visual editor. Once this is done you'll be able to upload unlimited images, music, third party plugins, etc. to your entries. This task is nearing the top of the task list so it should be in place very shortly now.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 at 4:43 PM - Response #2

That is GREAT! Many thanks!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 at 9:22 PM - Response #3

We had a girl who was killed in our junior year. My co-administrator put together an memoriam piece and we put it on a custom page we call "Never Forget". You can check it out at my site. It might give you an idea. Good luck. Tam

Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 4:23 PM - Response #4

This will be great. Because close friends of the deceased have sent me photos to share and I was able to add them to the deceased profile, but because the deceased has not "joined" the site, nothing in the profile shows up. Although now it shows their name as an updated profile on the homepage, which looks bad/suspicious to others because it doesn't show what I've updated for the deceased person on their profile.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 4:30 PM - Response #5

Did you make a profile update before adding the person to the deceased list?

Shortly there will be an option that only you, the Administrator, sees at the bottom of each Profile. It will let you determine if you want to consider your update to be a Profile Update on the home page, or not.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 8:24 PM - Response #6

I actually deleted a deceased classmate from the In Memory page, then went back and added photos and information under his profile - then went back and added him in memory... and still the photos do not show up?

Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 8:49 PM - Response #7

That's because when you add a Classmate to the In Memory section, that page now takes over in place of the former Profile.

1. We'll soon be allowing unlimted photos and objects on the In Memory page.

2) We'll be appending a link at the bottom of the In Memory entry back to the last active Profile is there was one (so in your case people can see the pictures).

Edited 08/21/08 8:49 PM
Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 5:39 PM - Response #8

Hi Brad,
Just checking in to see when you anticipate the updates to the In Memory Page?

Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 10:08 PM - Response #9

We just recently updated the editor there so you can add all the photos, music, etc. you want to your In Memory entries. We're still going to be adding the link back to the last active profile when that task comes up. It's a ways down on the "to do" list still. But, we're gettin' there.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.