ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Statistics - Last Logins suggestion

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 03/07/09 08:10 AM Views: 1102 Replies: 5
Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 8:10 AM

The current Statistics/ "Last Login" page, class_Admin_last_logins.cfm, has a LINK for the e-mail address. If you hover over the link, it will display the e-mail address. If you click on the E-mail Link, you will be brought to the program that your browser thinks is your e-mail program (Mine brings up Microsoft Word as the e-mail editor). This lets you only e-mail one person at a time.

I already know we have an "E-mail the Class" feature, but I think that "Last Login" would be more useful with check-boxes (all turned off to begin with) and then a button at the bottom "Email selected classmates". Then when the button is clicked, instead of going to the E-mail program (because of the "mailto:" prefix of the link), it went to the ClassCreator Mail system to compose the e-mail.

EDITED: You could keep the E-Mail link and add a check-box without using up too much real-estate on the web page.

Edited 03/07/09 8:25 AM
Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 11:39 AM - Response #1

Ok, but my question here is why? You can already click Email the Class and email selected Classmates. Why create an email feature from here? Personal opinion, I don't think we should convalude a table that's meant to be statistical. I don't think it would necessarily do any harm either, but, there's something to be said for the old KISS rule. Simple is good.

Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 11:42 AM - Response #2

Then why even have an EMAIL on this Last Login page, since we can already do that from the "Email the Class"

The Email the class doesn't have any sorting options and doesn't have any LAST LOGIN dates, so you can't e-mail those who haven't logged in for quite some time.

I would like to email the classmates who only have a little bit of profile information and encourage them to add more profile info. I could do this from e-mail the class, but that shows all of the classmates, even those without e-mail addresses.

Edited 03/07/09 11:44 AM
Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 12:03 PM - Response #3

Ok, so let me ask you this: Why not add a "Last Logins" column to the "Email the Class" feature, rather than try to turn a statistics chart into an email feature? Would that work for you? I think it makes sense to keep the email functionality together. We have a variety of email "preselect" options coming. Along with those, the "Last Logins" column would also enable you to quickly email those who haven't logged in for awhile. So, same thing, just keeping all of the email functionality together in one place. What do you think?

Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 3:17 PM - Response #4

That will work. It will have SORTING headers, right?

Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 3:32 PM - Response #5

Yes, we can make the headers sort, so for instance you could see last logins from oldest to newest.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.