ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Announcement

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/16/09 02:54 PM Views: 1803 Replies: 7
Friday, January 16, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Hi! I have about 6 difference announcements and I noticed that the 1st announcement is covering up the missing classmates box (if you are not logged in). Is there any way to adjust that?

Saturday, January 17, 2009 at 1:07 AM - Response #1

I see you've put in enough content to move it down, but the answer to your question is, it's the "~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~" that you put in. There are too many in a row. I.E. no space. This gives the system nowhere to wrap your text, causing your Announcements box to expand beyond it's normal width. Reduce the number of ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ and it'll return to normal size.

Edited 02/03/09 12:33 PM
Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 10:17 AM - Response #2

I am having the same problem with my annoucements but mine looks to be because someone created the announcement with a website link in it causing it to expand. Is there anyway this can be fixed? www.sandalwood1994.com

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 12:38 PM - Response #3

You are exactly right -- long hyperlinks with no spaces cannot wrap, forcing out the Announcements box. The solution is to bury the link under regular text. Take a look at your site and see how I did it, and you can do the same thing the next time by simply selecting your text, clicking your chain link icon, and pasting in your long hyperlink.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 3:13 PM - Response #4

Thank You very much Brad.

Betsey

Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 8:25 AM - Response #5

Could you take a look at our site and see if that is the problem we are having. When I view the homepage there is a long blank space between the message about Happy Thursday and the Randy & Spiff in the Morning link. Some people claim that it looks normal to them and others see the big blank space. Sorry our class is such a pest guys.

Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 8:45 AM - Response #6

Your "Randy & Spiff in the Morning" graphic was too wide. I changed the width a small amount and now it fits and doesn't bump things down on the page.

Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 8:58 AM - Response #7

Thanks so much Kyle. Took ya long enough. 20 minutes. Kidding. You are the best!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.