ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Maximum MP3 file size?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/07/12 05:01 PM Views: 1903 Replies: 29
Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Is there a limit on MP3 files? I have successfully added 3 tracks to the MP3 Widget but I'm having trouble uploading one track the is about 15 MB (a symphonic performance that can't be broken into smaller files).

The uploader lets me select the file, but then absolutely nothing happens. Not even an error message. I have tried and retried to no avail. I have also checked the file vault and it is not there.

What can/should I do?

Thanks!

Terry

Monday, July 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM - Response #1

The file is too large. It can be broken into smaller files, and breaking it up at the end of each movement of the symphony would be the logical approach. You'll need the right software, or just pay someone who knows how to do it.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 9:29 AM - Response #2

Eric B Bassey wrote:

The file is too large. It can be broken into smaller files, and breaking it up at the end of each movement of the symphony would be the logical approach. You'll need the right software, or just pay someone who knows how to do it.

Thanks Eric. As far as I know, the entire 15 mins IS one movement--but I'll check into it further.

For reference, what IS the maximum file size?

Terry

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 10:35 AM - Response #3

I'll have to look into it and let you know.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 1:52 PM - Response #4

As it turns out, there shouldn't be a problem on our end for you uploading a 15MB file. There might have been a connection problem, or your ISP might have a very slow upload speed. If you try it again, and just wait awhile after clicking the upload button, you might come back and find that it was successful.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 11:37 AM - Response #5

Thank you, Eric. I did try several times in a row. Perhaps I'll try at different times/days, when the upload speed may be better.

I wonder if I should also take my computer out of auto-sleep mode... maybe that is also a factor. At any rate, thanks for checking on the max file size for me.

Thursday, November 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM - Response #6

I successfully created an mp3 file from an audio tape of my high school's musical performance of Bye Bye Birdie. It is 47 minutes long, and approximately 44 mb. When I embedded it on my home page, it will not play. If this file is too large, is there another option besides breaking it up into pieces, in order to load it on our website?

Thursday, November 28, 2013 at 1:49 PM - Response #7

Did you use the CC player to embed or did you directly embed?

Thursday, November 28, 2013 at 2:45 PM - Response #8

I looked at your playlist generator widget and the music player didn't include any MP3 files. Did you upload it?

Friday, November 29, 2013 at 2:32 PM - Response #9

I used the CC Player to embed.

Friday, November 29, 2013 at 2:34 PM - Response #10

I did upload the MP3 file, but now it has disappeared, and when I delete the file and start again, I am no longer given the option on your page to browse for the file. There is a big blank space where I previously browsed for my mp3 file.

Friday, November 29, 2013 at 2:54 PM - Response #11

Do you have compatibility mode enabled for IE10? Press F12 or select from Tools to set.

Edited 11/29/13 2:55 PM
Friday, November 29, 2013 at 3:14 PM - Response #12

I have IE set for Browser Mode. I just changed it to Compatibility Mode, but that make the webpage look strange, as the left half of the screen for adding a playlist is blank, and the right side where I would add the playlist is only partially viewable.

Friday, November 29, 2013 at 3:25 PM - Response #13

I just changed another setting to IE standard, and that allows me to see the whole page with the browse button. I was able to browse and add the code, but when I click on the link on the home page, it doesn't play. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Friday, November 29, 2013 at 3:40 PM - Response #14

Not your problem, CC is just quirky with later versions of IE. IE9 is the setting desired. I'm on IE11 now or I'd tell you the exact options there.

For now, you might temporarily use Firefox or Chrome. Not trying to get you to change, but those are two browsers that avoid all the various IE issues for now.

There is no file in the player right now. So somehow it is not uploaded correctly yet or ??

Do you have a link to the file vault that we can check? That will verify if you have it loaded or not.

Use Preview in the file vault to get the link and copy that and paste here.

Friday, November 29, 2013 at 5:20 PM - Response #15

I can't find the file vault. I looked in the Help Forum, and found this answer: To view this file vault, you go to Edit Site Pages, Edit Home Page (it doesn't really matter which page, you just need to be in the editor), then click the LINK icon - 3rd from right on 2nd row.

I tried the answer, but could not find the link to the file vault. How do I locate it?

Friday, November 29, 2013 at 6:37 PM - Response #16
editor-Link-Image1.gif

Sounds like something I wroteShocked

The LINK icon in the Editor is either 3rd or 2nd in the 2nd row (2nd if no backups) from the right. When you click it is says Upload and File Vault as shown in the attached image.

"Editor" is the program you use to put content on your pages.

Either one works, but let's pick File Vault since it gives a better idea.

There you can upload anything you like. I recommend making another subfolder called MP3 where you upload your music. Makes it simpler to manage your space.

Let's try that and see if you have any questions.

Edited 11/29/13 6:40 PM
Friday, November 29, 2013 at 6:45 PM - Response #17

I've never uploaded an MP3, but I assume you use the MP3 file link to the file vault to insert in the CC player. I've only used external Mp3 links from other sites to save file space.

Friday, November 29, 2013 at 7:10 PM - Response #18
Home Page Edit.xps

Can't locate the link on the Home Page edit screen, see attached. I tried in Google Chrome as well, and it looked exactly the same.

Friday, November 29, 2013 at 7:16 PM - Response #19
Editor-Image1.gif

Can you make that a JPG image please. XPS won't display.

This is how it looks on the Home Page edit

See the thing that looks like a flag on the 2nd row far right? Now move to the left 2 and that' the Link icon.

Edited 11/29/13 7:24 PM
Friday, November 29, 2013 at 8:36 PM - Response #20

Now I know what you mean by second row - you were referring to the icon bar. I was looking at the second row much higher up on the webpage under Content Area and Right Modules.

I just uploaded the mp3 file. What should I do next?

Friday, November 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM - Response #21

To get the link to the MP3 file open the File Vault and click Preview. It should start playing.

Now go to the URL name in the browser, copy and then paste it in the CC player.

Edited 11/29/13 9:33 PM
Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 12:23 PM - Response #22

Boy this is difficult. When I click on Preview, I get the following message: Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct.

When I click on the mp3 file in My Documents on my computer, the file opens and plays immediately in the Windows Media Player.

Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 3:04 PM - Response #23

I was thinking you would use Chrome or Firefox. But that should not matter. All you need is the URL displayed in the browser. Just copy that.

As for IE, must be a setting or maybe you had the file open in another app in create mode? Media player opens for me.

Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 10:59 PM - Response #24

Okay, now I am using Google Chrome, and I can copy the mp3 url. After over an hour of trying, I thought I got it right by removing the question mark after mp3, but then when I looked at the preview, it didn't work. I am totally exhausted from this. Is it now possible for you to attempt the process yourself using the file I uploaded? Then spell out exactly what you did, so that I can do it myself. Help!!! I have spent many hours on this over a number of days, and I am exhausted and confused.

Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 11:59 PM - Response #25

The name of the file is whatever name you used when uploaded. Same as on your system. Not sure how/why there was a question mark in the name? That's not a valid character for a name.

Can you post the link name you got in preview here?

I'll see how it behaves. Maybe there's something else different for you.

These things are difficult the first time. You are not aloneWink

Edited 12/01/13 12:00 AM
Sunday, December 1, 2013 at 7:47 AM - Response #26

Here is the link name I got in preview: http://www.roosevelt66.com/000/5/0/0/25005/userfiles/file/MP3_Music/Bye_Bye_Birdie_Audio.mp3?

Sunday, December 1, 2013 at 1:13 PM - Response #27

It did act weird for a bit. Almost was going to post in bugs. After about 15 minutes messing with variations what didn't work before works now. I'm mystified for now. Probably just CC server acting up.

Link you gave minus ? works when pasted as a URL in the widget using PASTE URL

http://www.roosevelt66.com/000/5/0/0/25005/userfiles/file/MP3_Music/Bye_Bye_Birdie_Audio.mp3

Did you ever try BROWSE? That's a direct upload in the FileVault. A bit messy since it's generic and gets mixed in with all the other stuff (not a good layout choice).

Is that enough info or should I post a picture of the Widget dialog?

Sunday, December 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM - Response #28

I was successful using the URL you provided, and now the link to the mp3 audio is working correctly on my home page. Thank you so much for your assistance.

Sunday, December 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM - Response #29

Yeah. You are welcome. And thanks for hanging in there. That's a good attribute.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.