ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

White space

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/18/12 11:57 PM Views: 1082 Replies: 6
Friday, May 18, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Can't get rid of white space at the top of the home page. I've tried resizing everything but that didn't work.

Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 12:58 AM - Response #1

OK, it is gone. It was on your Edit Site Pages, Edit HOME PAGE. You had several blank vertical lines.

Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 1:18 AM - Response #2

Thanks for making that big gap go away. Where did the vertical lines come from? When I tried to get rid of that space, I didn't see anything. Is this something I could fix myself should it ever happen again?

Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 8:28 AM - Response #3

When I said "blank Vertical Lines", I was talking about on the home page edit screen, you must have pressed the "ENTER" or "RETURN" key to insert blank vertical spaces (carriage returns or line feeds). This is what I meant. There were no visible "lines" on the screen.

You could just go to the page you are editing and delete the empty lines by selecting the blank lines and pressing the "DELETE" key.

Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 8:51 AM - Response #4

Yep, I realize there weren't any visible "lines." I guess what I meant was that because the content of each announcement was as far up on the page as it could go, I couldn't see any lines (invisible) there. Are you talking about below the content I must have pressed the Enter key?"

Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 1:22 PM - Response #5

If you Edit Site Pages, Edit HOME PAGE, you will see you have the option to have ANNOUNCEMENTS appear above or below YOUR CONTENT (Use the Red/Green arrows to swap positions of home page items) You have announcements BELOW the "Your Contents". So if there were no Line Feeds in your top-most announcement, they must have been in the "Your Content" area and that is where I removed them.

Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 2:04 PM - Response #6

I finally got it! Thanks so much!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.