ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Double Checking site migration

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/29/20 09:30 PM Views: 599 Replies: 34
Friday, May 29, 2020 at 9:30 PM

Our domain name is with ClassNames.net
Does this message mean I don’t do anything? Thank you.

“Just a quick reminder that our planned site migration window for the weekend of May 30-31st, 2020 will begin after midnight EST tonight.

A "system upgrade in progress" message will be posted on your web site so your users will be aware of the migration.

If your domain name is with ClassNames.net we will handle everything for you.”

Friday, May 29, 2020 at 10:10 PM - Response #1

Just got the Migration email
However, the A line [I P address] you noted is incorrect. it shows 66165.67.161 my domain manager will not take it. it wants a number in the xx.xx.xxx.xxx format
there needs to be a [.] somewhere after 66 yes?
call me @ the Ph # on file to discuss ASAP

Friday, May 29, 2020 at 10:20 PM - Response #2

Friday, May 29, 2020 at 10:43 PM - Response #3

Thanks

Friday, May 29, 2020 at 10:44 PM - Response #4

For domains at www.classnames.net we will be making the update for you using an API tool they provided us. Only those with domains at companies other than www.classnames.net need the IP number for changes.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 1:31 AM - Response #5

Thank you

Monday, June 1, 2020 at 12:51 AM - Response #6

If you see an email from this forum post Sunday night please ignore it - I'm just testing a few things and wanted to respond to a post that was active Friday to ensure everything it working as expected. We are still on track to go live in the morning and running some final tests throughout the night tonight.

Thank you.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, June 1, 2020 at 5:30 PM - Response #7
Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 4.30.24 PM.png

I have some pages that aren't usable. One is Post an Announcement. Another is Edit Pages. Will this improve or do you have to work on individual site problems?

Edited 06/01/20 5:34 PM
Monday, June 1, 2020 at 5:59 PM - Response #8

Hi Jessica, I was going to post to CC's Facebook page but will do here 1st. I may duplicate on FB too.

Right now, I have 3 high school reunion CC sites that set up (2 I handed off to new site admins) that seem to be working. None of them have custom domain names. I haven't tested every page/function on the 3 sites but random clicking on links for the sites seem to be OK.

Another site I helped to set up & co-admin is a retirement site with a domain name done thru classnames.net called "mbwrsec.club". It is not responding either thru the CC "Find A School" nor by name nor by the IP address that was sent to the site administrator.

So it seems like a DNS resolution issue at this time.

UPDATE: Our "mbwrsec.club" domain is thru "classnames.net" so assume your support group is handling that. I also tried a bunch of other sites via "Find A School" for our city. The only ones that are "broken" are the ones with custom domain names.

Please advise?

Edited 06/01/20 6:14 PM
Monday, June 1, 2020 at 6:16 PM - Response #9

My site http://www.brewerwitches69.com/ is up and running except when I click on my home Page link it says We are offline for a brief maintenance update. We will be back shortly. Tried rebooting my computer and deleting links to the class site. Any suggestions.

Monday, June 1, 2020 at 6:37 PM - Response #10

Two of three of my sites are still not working.

TheWildcatter.com appears to be working.

Chs61.net - I can get to the home page but not beyond.

JacarandaIslander.com - I can't get past the sign in page.

All are with ClassNames.net.

Woody

Monday, June 1, 2020 at 6:41 PM - Response #11

Looks like two things are still broken.

Responsive Design - with Domain name only I think - Home Page does not work AND- any page that reverts to https. Such as Edit Site Page, etc. I happen to have a link that goes to a regular page.

Refresh your browser cache as noted in message if you are seeing that message though. You will now get a blank page Smile

HOME page does not work though along with anything else that reverts to https (most admin specific pages and profile type stuff).

Looks like a literally blank page is being generated for those pages. OOPS Idea

Edited 06/01/20 6:46 PM
Monday, June 1, 2020 at 6:45 PM - Response #12

http://www.brewerwitches69.com/ home page works. So just a cache issue. Clear the cache as described. Usually CTRL+F5 works. Easiest way to see is to just use a different browser that usually does not have the page cached.

Monday, June 1, 2020 at 6:55 PM - Response #13

Looks like a browser detection BUG for home page.

EDGE Home page works. Chrome and Firefox do not.

But https does not work for any of them

Monday, June 1, 2020 at 7:25 PM - Response #14

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

http://www.brewerwitches69.com/ home page works. So just a cache issue. Clear the cache as described. Usually CTRL+F5 works. Easiest way to see is to just use a different browser that usually does not have the page cached.

Hi Jack, my observation...

As I've never been to your site so I shouldn't have any of your pages in my cache. Most pages I can access without logging on (i.e. not "*" pages) works on your site, but when I tried Cougar Profiles (all 3 submenu items, only 3rd is "*" needs login), I get blank pages.

http://www.bothellhigh61.com - works
http://www.bothellhigh61.com/class_classmates.cfm - blank
http://www.bothellhigh61.com/xyzzy - Error 404 (expected)

I got exactly the same thing happening with our retirement site (mbwrsec.club) although I *could* navigate down some trees but not others. I see this on other CC sites (with domain names) for admins responding on this thread too. ie. Home page works, drilling down to another page on that site gives me blank page.

BTW I'm running Chrome "Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)" under Windows 10.

Monday, June 1, 2020 at 7:43 PM - Response #15

I'm able to get to Oberlin71Reunion.com, but there are some issues. When I "email the class" and select registered classmates, it correctly counts the number of recipients, but the names are all displayed as "undefined". If I actually try to send a message, I get the following database error. If tried on iOS Safari and Chrome:
============
Oops!

An error has occurred.

This may be a temporary problem!

Please wait 5 minutes, and try your request again.

Should you continue to see this error after waiting 5 minutes, please contact us regarding Error 51.

Error Executing Database Query. Timed out trying to establish connection
The error occurred on line 862.

Monday, June 1, 2020 at 7:48 PM - Response #16

Another interesting observation, all of these sites will present a home page when you bring them up via a browser.

Note 3 of the pings below, for different sites, resolved to the same IP address... And none responded to pings (but that could be intentional?). And I tried a tracert to Jack's bothellhigh61.com site which died...

Monday, June 1, 2020 at 7:57 PM - Response #17

I'm also seeing an invalid certificate error why I try to connect via https:
=========
This server could not prove that it is oberlin71reunion.com; its security certificate is from www.classcreator.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

Proceed to oberlin71reunion.com (unsafe)
==========
Are certificates going to be generated for domain names purchased through ClassNames.net?

Thanks!

Monday, June 1, 2020 at 8:07 PM - Response #18

None of the links under Member Functions or Admin Functions are working for me. They all yield a blank page. Clicking on the Classmate Profiles link yields a blank page. I'm using a desktop PC with Chrome browser.

Edited 06/01/20 8:34 PM
Monday, June 1, 2020 at 8:15 PM - Response #19

I'm seeing same thing with the names showing as "undefined". I was able to send a test message to myself but it doesn't do a database lookup for that.

Steve Ristow wrote:

I'm able to get to Oberlin71Reunion.com, but there are some issues. When I "email the class" and select registered classmates, it correctly counts the number of recipients, but the names are all displayed as "undefined". If I actually try to send a message, I get the following database error. If tried on iOS Safari and Chrome:
============
Oops!

An error has occurred.

This may be a temporary problem!

Please wait 5 minutes, and try your request again.

Should you continue to see this error after waiting 5 minutes, please contact us regarding Error 51.

Error Executing Database Query. Timed out trying to establish connection
The error occurred on line 862.

Monday, June 1, 2020 at 8:41 PM - Response #20

The Admins for our site agree - the new format for Edit Site Pages is really clunky. Will the view once again become compact? OkemosAlumni.org

Monday, June 1, 2020 at 11:23 PM - Response #21

“This page cannot be displayed because
an internal server error has occurred”
is the message I keep getting on our site.

Monday, June 1, 2020 at 11:31 PM - Response #22

I’m getting the same error message.

Monday, June 1, 2020 at 11:31 PM - Response #23

Me too! And I am admin for several pages...all the same.

Monday, June 1, 2020 at 11:37 PM - Response #24

When I am ABLE to log on, every page is blank

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 12:02 AM - Response #25

Looks like it all works now. Haven't checked it all, but regular links and admin functions at least open the pages.

Haven't tried to do any changes.

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 12:27 AM - Response #26

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

Looks like it all works now. Haven't checked it all, but regular links and admin functions at least open the pages.

Hey Jack, did you try "Email the class"??? Still broken on our site...

UPDATE -- Email the class working today on our site...

Edited 06/02/20 7:30 PM
Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 12:32 AM - Response #27

Much better now

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 12:41 AM - Response #28
EditSitePages.jpg

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

Try Edit Site Pages... Totally borked. But other pages which switch to https seem to look and work normally.

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 1:34 AM - Response #29

Edit Site Pages and all other pages under Member Functions and Admin Functions now appear to function normally.

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 5:53 PM - Response #30

Scott Moore wrote:

Edit Site Pages and all other pages under Member Functions and Admin Functions now appear to function normally.

Still not working here - and on another site where I'm an admin. Browser cache cleared, etc, but still seeing what I posted in #28 above.

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 6:05 PM - Response #31

[size=25]Unable to post a photo on any classmate's page, as well as being very slow throughout the site. Also received an "invalid" notice when I was trying to go to different pages. HELP!

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 7:27 PM - Response #32

Hmmm, what's up with CC? I've tried Edit Site Pages on 4 sites I set up (still have admin privs on 3 that I re-assigned site admin to) and all appear to be displaying fine...

John Ralph wrote:

Scott Moore wrote:

Still not working here - and on another site where I'm an admin. Browser cache cleared, etc, but still seeing what I posted in #28 above.

Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 7:42 AM - Response #33

If anyone is still seeing any issues on their Edit Site Pages can you take a screen shot of what it is doing for you now. Try refreshing again first and then take a screen shot if you are seeing anything unusual on those pages.

Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 11:30 AM - Response #34

Not sure what needed to be fixed or why it only affected some sites and not others, but it looks like the Edit Site Pages bug has been resolved.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.