ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 07/07/12 04:42 PM Views: 1340 Replies: 1
Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Is there any way to allow classmates to log in to CC using their facebook account? Or the ability to comment on the forums using their facebook account? No matter what I do to try and get a conversation going on the forums, they still use facebook to comment, leaving 1/2 of our classmates out because they don't have facebook accounts.

I've started using the forums to post almost everything, leaving the opportunity open for classmates to comment. I then post a link to that forum on facebook. Currently, the forums are not password protected so that I could put an RSS feed widget on the home page. It drives traffic there, but still no conversation! One problem is many people can't remember how to sign in and don't bother to ask.

Happy Saturday,
Alyson

Monday, July 9, 2012 at 1:08 PM - Response #1

We specifically do not integrate with FaceBook because one of the major attractors to our service is the respect for the privacy of your information that we have and which FaceBook *absolutely* does not. Any information entered onto a website with an integrated FaceBook login is collected by FaceBook, aggregated, and sold to advertisers. If you are having trouble getting people to use your site rather than FaceBook, you might consider telling those classmates who are using FaceBook instead the price that they are paying for the convenience FaceBook provides them.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.