ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Changing Order of Topics w/i a User Forum

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/08/10 05:12 PM Views: 1155 Replies: 1
Thursday, April 8, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Hi,
I am using 100's of photos, interpersed with over 75 emails alums wrote, all woven together by a long Narrative detailing all events of our 3 day 45th reunion to create my 1st Forum.

I wanted each event [ Fri open house, Sat walking, trolley tours, golf outing, Sat. party, Sun Brunch etc. ] to be a Separate Topic under this one Forum. Classmates could then comment under the Topic subject matter.

Not thinking, I did not pay attention to the chronological sequence of events when posting the Topics. I would like to rearrange the Event topics to be in order, but there does not appear to be this capability.

Only having the one Forum, I'm not sure, but I think the Forum order can be changed.

Is there any way or value in having the ability to change Topic order, or do I need to make all my Topics into Forums so that I can place them in seequencial order?

Thanks

Thursday, April 8, 2010 at 7:02 PM - Response #1

The later, you need to make all topics forums if you wish to control the sort order.

Topics within a forum are always listed from most recent to oldest, and the thread level within a topic is always oldest posts to newest posts.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.