ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

My birthday not showing on home page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/05/12 05:01 PM Views: 1301 Replies: 9
Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 5:01 PM

My birthday is not showing up on the list of upcoming birthdays on the home page.
I checked the box on my profile page which should make it show up.
I thought maybe it only shows up for other members but I created a dummy account for my wife and it still doesn't show up when "she" is logged in.

Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 5:07 PM - Response #1

When you sign in, go to your EDIT CONTACT INFO (don't go in through the Manage Classmates link). Notice your birthday is M/D/Y. Change it and it should work.

When you are going in through Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, DETAILS, you aren't always seeing what the classmate has entered. In this case, you are seeing what was uploaded. If the classmate doesn't enter the information for themselves, we still consider the information to be private and not to be shared.

Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 6:02 PM - Response #2

Thanks
Also, the "TODAY'S CELEBRITY BIRTHDAYS" link has not been working for several days or longer.

Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 6:07 PM - Response #3

We are having a problem with our Celebrity Birthdays feed. I will have someone who knows look into this. But it is from a 3rd party, so if they are not providing this information any longer, we will need to seek out a different provider.

Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 3:24 PM - Response #4

SO if I'm understanding correctly, when I, as the admin, update someone's birthday, it won't show on the homepage? The alumnus must do it? I will let her know!

Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 3:28 PM - Response #5

That is correct. That way, it is the classmate that activates that feature

Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 4:35 PM - Response #6

Birthday information entered for a classmate who has not joined the site will show up as long as you check "Allow Classmates to view my Birthday. This option allows Classmates to see your Date of Birth in your Profile and on the home page 30 days prior to your Birthday" on the profile page.

Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 8:35 PM - Response #7

Please try hard to get Celebrity Birthdays back on. My classmates love it.

Monday, March 18, 2013 at 4:57 PM - Response #8

We receive the Celebrity Birthday feed from a history site. I've contacted them to see if they can supply a new feed or fix the existing one.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, April 26, 2013 at 5:42 PM - Response #9

Hi Linda,

We are still checking into options for the celebrity b-day feed. We hope to get the old feed back in place. If they can't we'll need to find another source for the feed.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.