ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Message Forum Notification?

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/04/10 03:53 PM Views: 1718 Replies: 6
Saturday, September 4, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Does the simpler Message Forum, running message dialogue, send out notification to registered classmates that there is another posting? I don't see that it does, unless I missed a Preference somewhere.

I believe that would be a nice option for Message Forum. Currently my classmates use Message Center like crazy to send completely off the subject running discussion. Basically, they are using Message Center as a Forum, like hometown football game, where to meet few days before Reunion, etc. Message Forum should better provide that capability if notified of all new posts.

Saturday, September 4, 2010 at 4:01 PM - Response #1

When the new User Forums became active, the Message Forum was going to be abandoned. But too many people complained. So we still support the Message Forum, but not much new programming will be going to that unless Brad and the programmers change their minds.

Like you said, the Message Forum doesn't allow notification, but the USER FORUM does. In your case, it is called "Warriors Pow Wow"

Saturday, September 4, 2010 at 5:07 PM - Response #2

Kyle Erickson wrote:

When the new User Forums became active, the Message Forum was going to be abandoned. But too many people complained. So we still support the Message Forum, but not much new programming will be going to that unless Brad and the programmers change their minds.

Like you said, the Message Forum doesn't allow notification, but the USER FORUM does. In your case, it is called "Warriors Pow Wow"

Thanks Kyle, just having a hard time getting these 68 year olds to tred into USER FORUM (Warriors Pow Wow). Got a few to try it, but they seem into just running dialogue on the Messages. Was hoping notification ability in Message Forum similarly.

I guess I could make Topic in USER FORUM, somthing like Anything to Discuss (alias Rambling chit chat....LOL) The User Forum just seems too difficult for some of them to grasp, when you consider things like "what do I click to get the Music Player to Play Music" and how do I adjust its volume?

Saturday, September 4, 2010 at 6:18 PM - Response #3

You could try putting a link on the home page called "Lets discuss ... Anadarko vs Chickasha Football" and then the link takes you to your forum topic where they can post a reply. That way, they don't need to click on your "Warriors Pow Wow" link.

Saturday, September 4, 2010 at 6:35 PM - Response #4

Kyle Erickson wrote:

You could try putting a link on the home page called "Lets discuss ... Anadarko vs Chickasha Football" and then the link takes you to your forum topic where they can post a reply. That way, they don't need to click on your "Warriors Pow Wow" link.

Ooooh, I like that idea Kyle. Thanks much!

Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 2:42 PM - Response #5

I see these threads on the Message Forum are somewhat history (2010). Someone on our site recently used the Message Forum, but it seems rather useless when none of the 200+ members on our site will ever receive notification of a message or response being posted. Please let me know if this is still the case. If it is, I want to at least let people know that they have no way of becoming part of the conversation unless they check the Message Forum on a regular basis.

Thanks!
Rhonda

Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 2:45 PM - Response #6

I believe that the "Notify Me" feature that should be the next feature that is released should include a notification of when someone has posted a new item to the Message Forum.

But currently, it still works the old way.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.