ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Forum Topics - HELP!!!

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/25/09 01:24 PM Views: 1134 Replies: 3
Saturday, April 25, 2009 at 1:24 PM

I created a "Trivia Forum" and am finding that whenever someone presents a new topic, the old one can no longer be seen. This sort of defeats the purpose of have a long thread of topics to be viewed by people who've just registered on the site. Am I setting this up incorrectly? What does subscribing to the Thread actually do?

Saturday, April 25, 2009 at 3:58 PM - Response #1

Shawn you have to list it as a forum not a topic. Then it will always be there as the main heading (or first tier). If someone lists a new topic then it is like a second tier. I finally had to make the new topics as my approval first. They started making new topics thinking they were changing the title and getting confused. Take baby steps I hope this helps

Saturday, April 25, 2009 at 6:33 PM - Response #2

Shawn Byrne wrote:

I created a "Trivia Forum" and am finding that whenever someone presents a new topic, the old one can no longer be seen. This sort of defeats the purpose of have a long thread of topics to be viewed by people who've just registered on the site. Am I setting this up incorrectly?

Shawn,I suspect that you meant to make a forum category called "Class of 79 Trivia", instead of giving that name to your overall forum.

First, give your forum a name, like "Spartan Chat", for instance. This appears as the link on the left navigation panel.

Then, go to your forum and click on Add/Edit Forums.

Now scroll down and find Add Forum. This is where you will create your Trivia forum. Put Class of 79 Trivia in the name box and add a description if you want to. Don't add a password unless you want the category to be accessible only by password. Click Save.

You can now move all the topics that you have for the trivia category from the General Discussions category to your trivia category.

You can keep, rename or delete and replace the General Discussions category. Make new categories in the same way as the Trivia category.

If you are a Premium member, you can have as many categories as you want. If you are a grandfathered member, you can have 3 categories.

I hope this helps.

Edited 04/25/09 6:56 PM
Saturday, April 25, 2009 at 6:44 PM - Response #3

Shawn Byrne wrote:

What does subscribing to the Thread actually do?

As the administrator, you will get an email every time there is a new posting to the forum. If you subscribe to the thread, you will get 2 emails for every new post. When your classmates subscribe, they will get one email when there is a new post.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.