ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

In Memory Notifications

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/08/10 12:25 PM Views: 1778 Replies: 12
Thursday, April 8, 2010 at 12:25 PM

One of our classmates asked if there is a way to be notified when a new response is added to an In Memory page.

Thursday, April 8, 2010 at 12:39 PM - Response #1

Nope. But that's coming with the next round of In Memory enhancements.

Monday, May 23, 2011 at 8:21 AM - Response #2

Brad Switzer wrote:

Nope. But that's coming with the next round of In Memory enhancements.

Has this happened?
In Memory postings are the only notifications that I have to keep checking. It would be nice to notify the Admin that a new posting has been added to an "In Memory".

Kudos ...CAV...

Monday, May 23, 2011 at 11:00 AM - Response #3

This has not happened yet, however, it is on the list of updates that the programmers are working on for that section. When it is available we will notifiy all admins of the update.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, September 14, 2012 at 3:16 PM - Response #4

Jessica Good wrote:

This has not happened yet, however, it is on the list of updates that the programmers are working on for that section. When it is available we will notifiy all admins of the update.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

check box” Notify classmates of this update (if you are using Email The Class to send a separate notification, do not check)

I noticed this “check box” listed above at the bottom of the “In Memory” Edit page. After adding one of our classmates to the “In Memory” page I checked this box thinking that everyone in our Class would get an email notifying them that one of our classmates had passed.

It has been almost 24 hours since the box was checked. No emails/notifications have gone out.

This was a NEW “In Memory” not an update to an “In Memory” if that makes a difference.

Have I misinterpreted the function of this “check box” at the bottom of the “In Memory” edit page?

Kudos …CAV…

Friday, September 14, 2012 at 3:50 PM - Response #5

That new checkbox you noticed will only e-mail those who have signed up for NOTIFY ME to be notified of Add/Edits to the In Memory page.

If you want everyone to receive the e-mail, do an e-mail the class.

Friday, September 14, 2012 at 4:20 PM - Response #6

Kudos on the quick response Kyle.

If checked will it notify, Admin/classmate of new "Posted Comments" or edited comments?

...CAV...

Friday, September 14, 2012 at 4:26 PM - Response #7

Go to Notify Me ... mud on my face!

Why did I ever question the excellent service of ClassCreator?

Kudos,

...CAV...

Friday, June 28, 2013 at 3:00 PM - Response #8

Kyle Erickson wrote:

That new checkbox you noticed will only e-mail those who have signed up for NOTIFY ME to be notified of Add/Edits to the In Memory page.

Hi Kyle, et all,

We have a multi-year site. There's over 4700 active on the site. We've been getting many requests asking if there is a way to limit the number of notifications for In Memory posts and In Memory notification. Many want just their class notifications and not from ALL of the class years. If you look at how many pass away each year and each month it is rather overwhelming to some. Example: classes from the 80's or 90's don't know or care about someone from the 40' or 50' or 60's who passes on to the great Reunion in the sky. It's not relevant to them.

Is there a way to set up class year choices in Notify Me (or will there be soon) to do this or is the only option at this time to select "NO notifications" if you don't want to get ALL?

If there is no way of easily doing this, please put it on your TO DO list for the future and I will let alumni know they may see new options in the future.

Thanks,

Bruce

Edited 06/28/13 3:02 PM
Tuesday, July 2, 2013 at 10:58 AM - Response #9

This is something that we have been discussing for future development. I agree with the idea and you are not the first one to have suggested this. Smile

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 at 3:20 PM - Response #10

I had wondered if a work-around might be to include In Memory additions to the individual Profile Update notifications one can subscribe to by selecting which classmates to be notified about - profile updates, birthdays, In Memory updates. No?

Friday, July 5, 2013 at 12:08 PM - Response #11

I think the final option will need to look something like the following for the multi-year sites:

A Classmate has been added to In Memory ("My Year" 1975) - Immediately / Once Daily / Never
A Classmate has been added to In Memory (Other years) - Immediately / Once Daily / Never

A Classmate posts an In Memory comment ("My Year" 1975) - Immediately / Once Daily / Never
A Classmate posts an In Memory comment (Other years) - Immediately / Once Daily / Never

I do not think we will be able to get into a selective year option.

Sunday, July 7, 2013 at 2:23 PM - Response #12

That would work, Scott. On an alumni site, we have many who knew alumni in other years, are family of, neighbors or simply knew or knew of someone in town. The two options work for my alumni site. I hope we see this or something similar when the time comes.

Edited 07/07/13 2:24 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.