ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

changes to profile

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/26/11 06:02 PM Views: 1155 Replies: 2
Monday, December 26, 2011 at 6:02 PM

I know I can see the last date that a classmate has updated his/her profile. But I don't know what that update is. Is it possible for Class Creator to notify me if, in fact, a change or update has been made to a name, address, phone or email address (or just what field has been modified? I am still maintaining our original data base in Access and have no easy way to see if there are changes in the information. (short of comparing, one by one, everybody's information--and we have over 900 people).
Thanks,
Joani

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 at 11:21 AM - Response #1

That is a good suggestion, and it isn't the first time we've heard it. This is on the wishlist for future improvements, but it is a little lower priority than some of our other concerns.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but I ask your patience. Smile

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 at 1:04 PM - Response #2

Joani,

Until CC get around to what you and I are asking for I've done a temporary workaround.

It's not perfect but I've added a question to the top the Classmate Profile page saying -

"If you've just made changes to your Profile, please say where the changes were made. This does NOT apply to newly completed Profiles only to changes made later."

This way, when I and others who've subscribed receive Profile update notifications we can look in that box first to see what the changes are. Those details will remain there until they do another update when, hopefully, they'll remember to delete it and enter details of the new change. It is reliant on the Classmate co-operating and remembering to do it but so far it seems to be working.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.