ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

married classmates - how to register together

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/01/13 10:06 PM Views: 1810 Replies: 13
Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 10:06 PM

How should we direct married classmates (both spouses in our class) to register? It looks like they need to register separately. But that's awkward. We have 10 couples in our class, so this is not a minor issue.

Since we have their individual profiles linked, can't we somehow have the 'guest' be matched up to their profile?

Thanks

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 10:12 PM - Response #1

Here is how to do it.. In order for NAMETAGS to work properly, they have to register as a classmate.

If the one classmate registers for both classmates, you then go in and decrease the registration and items purchased by 1.
Then go to Reunion Planner, Attendees, add the spouse as attending those events you decreased from the classmate. make the spouse pay by check or other, but do not send payment.
After you save the spouse's registration, you can go in again and change their order to 100% discount (because the classmate paid for 2, but is only registered for 1)
Since the spouse gets 100% discount for the ticket, they will appear as a classmate on the nametags.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 10:18 PM - Response #2

That's helpful - thanks Kyle!

Friday, May 3, 2013 at 4:41 PM - Response #3

Okay, Kyle! Taking it one step further...our multi-year reunion has a few that have registered more than one guest on their registration, i.e., children, none of which are alums. Will their names all be considered in the name-tags?

Also, we were wanting each alum's class year to be printed on the name-tag, but instead a second 'name of event' is appearing. We need that year to reflect that on their profile. Is this possible?

Be nice, because the correction for married alums registered together is going to require we do the procedure outlined x 30 or more. Thankfully, I had our registration person start separating those she received by mail and was manually entering. Otherwise we'd easily have 60 or more! Confused

Friday, May 3, 2013 at 4:57 PM - Response #4

When they REGISTER for the reunion, they fill out each guest's name. The NAMETAGS use the registration to make nametags, so YES, children will also get nametags. Spouses will also get nametags, but if that spouse is a classmate, they won't get a special "I WAS A CLASSMATE" nametag unless you add them with the previous steps.

The "Year/Class" you see on the Nametags feature is the same "Year/Class" that you can set up on the Change Design page (shown below):

School Year(s):    Larned All School Reunion
   (The graduating years your site spans will be shown on your site
as listed above. You may change this text to read however you desire.)

The "Alumnus Year" on the nametag should display the year of graduation. Is it not doing that?

Friday, May 3, 2013 at 5:49 PM - Response #5

Okay, today using the PDF format, I got the class year appropriately & the guests to show up. Had to turn off the 'class year' bullet as it made Larned All School Reunion show up twice (event name & School years) Now if I could wave a magic wand and get the others separated into their respective profiles....Rolling Eyes

Thanks!

Friday, May 3, 2013 at 9:38 PM - Response #6

I don't know what you want. What does this mean exactly? "We need that year to reflect that on their profile. Is this possible? ". What profile? The classmate profile already shows it.

Class Year:        1957

Friday, May 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM - Response #7

I was saying that I got it to work today...the year showing up appropriately.
The latter statement was just a wish that there was an easier means for separating out the dual registrations to separate profiles than the process you described. I'm aware there isn't. Just moaning about the approximately 50 cases we have to edit!

Excuse my whine!

Saturday, May 4, 2013 at 1:36 AM - Response #8

New but related problem with name tags: an individual registered herself for the reunion and paid by credit. A month later, she used her profile to register another friend (Had told her NOT to do that!)on a separate registration, again paying by credit. On the reunion registration attendees list on the Reunion Planner, her record shows the appropriate combined charges for the two registrations + Tees ordered. On the report of registered attendees, only the second registration shows up. Hers doesn't. There is no name tag for her either. The friend is showing up as the only attendee on both lists.

Help!

Saturday, May 4, 2013 at 8:32 AM - Response #9

What are their names?

Saturday, May 4, 2013 at 11:52 AM - Response #10

Her profile is under "Donna Weaver Skelton Campbell". The report for registrations is showing 2 for her after I went in and edited the registration to 2 attending, but it wouldn't let me put her as first and her friend as second attendee.

Now the nametags are showing the friend as the main attendee and her as the guest which will show as his school year & not hers, right?

Edited 05/04/13 11:04 PM
Saturday, May 4, 2013 at 1:10 PM - Response #11

Finally got Donna on the first attendee and Roger on the second, but of course his class year isn't on his name tag now; he's a guest of her. Will split them out later.

Saturday, May 4, 2013 at 3:49 PM - Response #12

So are you saying you don't have a problem any more? If you still have a problem, please explain it again. Sorry.

Saturday, May 4, 2013 at 4:19 PM - Response #13

Guess I fixed it myself when the website cooperated. Learned a few things & last night it was not allowing me to change names on the registration to reverse the order, but today using the same procedure, it did!

So, I think I've got it under control once again! Thx!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.