ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

PayPal Donate Button

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/16/09 12:24 AM Views: 2929 Replies: 17
Friday, January 16, 2009 at 12:24 AM

I just added a PayPal donate button to my home page and it doesn't work. Nothing happens when I click on it. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Friday, January 16, 2009 at 12:53 AM - Response #1

Hi Karen,

Try adding the code from Paypal again. If that still does not work mail the code to mail@classcreator.com and we'll take a look at it.

Saturday, January 17, 2009 at 9:06 AM - Response #2

I sent an email with the codes. Did you receive it?
Karen

Saturday, January 17, 2009 at 1:11 PM - Response #3

No we did not receive it. Please try emailing it again. Send it to both info@classcreator.com and mail@classcreator.com.

Sunday, January 18, 2009 at 12:00 AM - Response #4

Oh, you PM'd it. Got it. Smile

That code simply doesn't work. As it's PayPal code I really don't know why. I put it into Dreamweaver, saved it, tested it, and nuthin'. Maybe you copied incomplete code? Please try regenerating the code directly at PayPal and give it another whirl. Also, when you do this, carefully look at the PayPal instructions. Is there anything else they're telling you to do in order to make this code work?

Sunday, January 18, 2009 at 3:33 PM - Response #5

I created a new button, pasted the code and now it works. I don't know what I did differently from the first time - but I guess it doesn't matter, it works!
Now, my announcements column overlaps into the right side column. How can I fix that?

Sunday, January 18, 2009 at 6:02 PM - Response #6

Your PlayList player is too wide. This will really look bad in Firefox by the way. Load your site in Firefox and you'll see what I mean. A full explantion of what happens in Firefox when objects are too large for the space they're inserted is here.

To fix this, click on FAQs above, click Questions About Building Your Site, Read Question #15, and pay particular attention to the Note about Playlist Player Size. Very important, make sure you narrow the width of your player in 4 separate places in your code.

Edited 01/18/09 6:06 PM
Monday, March 1, 2010 at 4:06 PM - Response #7

Is it possible to have the Paypal buttom on the Pledges/Donations page instead of the home page?

If so, how?

Thanks.

Monday, March 1, 2010 at 4:18 PM - Response #8

No. The PayPal Donate Module only functions as part of your home page.

However, you can easily add your own PayPal donate button to any page:

1. Log into your PayPal account
2. Click the Merchant Services tab
3. Under the "Create Buttons" options choose "Buy Now"
4. Set up your button and copy your source code to your clipboard
5. Log into your Class Creator web site
6. Go into edit mode for the page you want to put the button on
7. Click the Source button in the upper left corner
8. Paste your PayPal button code
9. Save your page
10. Preview your page live to see your new PayPal donate button on your page.

Voila, you can now take donations via PayPal on your Pledges/Donations page.

Edited 03/01/10 4:18 PM
Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 4:21 PM - Response #9

That worked! Thanks.

Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 2:50 PM - Response #10

I have two more questions:

1. I am using the professional design #4. How do I change the order of the menu items at the top? For example, the "Home" menu choice is to the right (the last choice) and I want it to be on the left (the first choice).

2. The FAQ indicates there should be a "Teacher Profiles" under the "Edit Site Pages", but I do not see it. Where is it?

Thanks,
Ian

Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 3:02 PM - Response #11

Ian Guthrie wrote:

I have two more questions:

1. I am using the professional design #4. How do I change the order of the menu items at the top? For example, the "Home" menu choice is to the right (the last choice) and I want it to be on the left (the first choice).

Not available yet, but SOON!

Ian Guthrie wrote:

2. The FAQ indicates there should be a "Teacher Profiles" under the "Edit Site Pages", but I do not see it. Where is it?

Thanks,
Ian

Teacher Profiles is only available to MULTI-YEAR SITES.

Monday, March 8, 2010 at 10:07 PM - Response #12

Hi Brad,

Your instructions for adding a paypal button to the donations page looks easy. Does it work the same way, i.e. a direct deposit to the checking account?

Can this be set-up on the registration page as well?

Thanks,

Donna

Tuesday, March 9, 2010 at 1:43 AM - Response #13

DONNA EWOLDT wrote:

Hi Brad,

Your instructions for adding a paypal button to the donations page looks easy. Does it work the same way, i.e. a direct deposit to the checking account?

Can this be set-up on the registration page as well?

Thanks,

Donna

No, the donations module goes 100% through PayPal. From PayPal's system you can ACH the money into your own bank account yes, but this is completely separate from the ACH system we use inside the Reunion Planner.

The only automated payment type in the Reunion Planner is Credit Cards. You can also allow "Check" payments or "Other" payments, where you can define the payment type yourself. I.E. you could route your Classmates to PayPal for payment or whatever else. Check and Other payments should be manually logged in your Attendees Management Area as they are received. Credit card payments are logged automatically as they come in.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010 at 1:49 AM - Response #14

Brad,

Thanks for your detailed answer. Still need to know if I can I put a PayPal button on our Thank You Donors page?

Donna

Tuesday, March 9, 2010 at 5:30 AM - Response #15

You can easily add your own PayPal donate button to any page:

1. Log into your PayPal account
2. Click the Merchant Services tab
3. Under the "Create Buttons" options choose "Buy Now"
4. Set up your button and copy your source code to your clipboard
5. Log into your Class Creator web site
6. Go into edit mode for the page you want to put the button on
7. Click the Source button in the upper left corner
8. Paste your PayPal button code
9. Save your page
10. Preview your page live to see your new PayPal donate button on your page.

Voila, you can now take donations via PayPal on your Thank You Donors page.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010 at 9:16 AM - Response #16

Brad,

Thanks! Love that French accent--you must have watched the Olympics!

Seriously, has there been any discussion about offering a Donations page in the CC repetoire? Oops.

Having a pre-set page with a table to add donors names hot linked to their profiles and a donate button would be rat nice. That's Nebraskan.

Donna

Tuesday, March 9, 2010 at 2:56 PM - Response #17

That's on "the list" Currently behind a dozen or so other more pressing things, but coming. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.