ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

registered website name not working

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/26/13 06:36 PM Views: 992 Replies: 6
Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Our class website http://www.classcreator.com/Ile-Ife-Nigeria-Obafemi-Awolowo-University-1990/ registered domain name greatifemed90.com is not working.

Please advise.

many thanks,
Olorunda

Monday, May 27, 2013 at 7:17 AM - Response #1

Have you checked to make sure your domain name did not expire? I had that happen to us last week!!! I received NO email warning. I searched my spam, inbox, etc. it simply was canceled and no longer worked. To add to the distress, I was out of the country with limited access to Internet, and the site was down for a week. I am truly sorry to say that the class creator folks (who recommend using clasnames.net) were totally not helpful, at all (very unlike normal!). I would think that with all the business they send to them, that they could influence policy. I was really unhappy with the entire situation. I was told that I am the "only one." That this has happened to. Hard to believe Sad

Monday, May 27, 2013 at 2:12 PM - Response #2

Thank you for the response. So what did you do?

Monday, May 27, 2013 at 5:21 PM - Response #3

If you bought you domain at www.classnames.net, got there and sign in and check your account

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 4:01 PM - Response #4

I have logged in and it looks like your domain name has been expired for some time now. In this scenario, it will cost you $250 to get that same domain name back. We do not recommend this. We typically suggest that people register a new domain name that is very similar, such as greatifemed1990.com , and then use Email The Class to inform your classmates of the change.

Please let us know if you need assistance in this process.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 7:05 PM - Response #5

Thank you Scott. It's now resolved with a new domain name.

But why didn't I get the renewal notices?

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 7:28 PM - Response #6

You should have received the notices 30 days and 14 days before the domain expired at your email address on file for the domain. It looks like you opened a new account for the new domain. Did you receive a receipt for the payment of the new domain at your email address on file for that account? If so, then you should be all set for future notices. Unfortunately I can't see the email address on file for the expired domain from our system at this time. If you did not receive the email receipt please let me know.

We are also working on additional notifications that would become part of the class site noting any upcoming activity for root admins on their domain. As that gets implemented you should receive additional notices from us if your domain is pending expiration in the future.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.