ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

"Hacking" my home page?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/16/10 07:57 PM Views: 1286 Replies: 2
Friday, July 16, 2010 at 7:57 PM

On my friend's Boyden HS website, we have used this graphic in place of the "school logo".

Problem is, his classmates think it's clickable -- which is a fair assumption because of the text message.

I suspect there must be a way to add source code to the home page that will make clicking on that area of the page under which the 'logo' is located lead to their registration page:

http://www.boydenhighschool.com/member_ReunionSignup.cfm

Any native HTML 'speakers' out there want to take that on? Or is it a javascript I need?

And would such a code/script need to be added to each page? Or could adding it in one place cover all their present and future pages associated with the CC template he's using?

I know it's possible to link a specific URL with a specific graphic -- but it's not possible when that graphic is uploaded as the school logo in this template.

Brad, maybe that's a feature to add in the future -- allowing Admins to choose a URL that will be associated with the logo as the home page URL is associated with the 'school photo'.

Edited 07/16/10 8:10 PM
Friday, July 16, 2010 at 8:16 PM - Response #1

Adding to Advanced Options for future creation. I don't think there's enough general need for this to make it part of the stock interface.

Sunday, July 18, 2010 at 11:41 AM - Response #2

Brad Switzer wrote:

Adding to Advanced Options for future creation. I don't think there's enough general need for this to make it part of the stock interface.

Thanks, Brad.

Anybody else like to have a clickable school logo on each of your CC pages for which you can specify the destination page? ie. Discussion Forums, Reunion Registration, Map of classmates, etc.?

Please post a yes, no, maybe or a comment.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.