ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Too much notification

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/18/12 03:40 PM Views: 1252 Replies: 12
Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 3:40 PM

We (both our co-administrator and myself) have recently (only the past few days) started receiving notification by email whenever the Home Page Announcements are being edited. I know that there is a box you can mark that says "Notify classmates that this announcement has been updated" but even when the box is not checked, a notification goes out anyway. We haven't heard yet from any classmates that they are receiving all these notifications but expect to any time now. This makes it very difficult to edit the home page and save the changes to then be able to go to the edited home page announcement to check the results without sending a bunch of notices for each edit. I have edited announcements many times in the past and have never received such a notice unless I have check the "Notify" box. Has something changes or do we have a grinch on our site?
Thanks
Don Mann
HHS 1962

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 3:59 PM - Response #1

Don I have an inquiring into Programming and will report back to you here.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 4:10 PM - Response #2

Talked with Programming, ran a test, am unable to repeat. When I have Notify Me announcements set to Immediately, I create a new announcement and DON'T check the box, I don't get a copy of the announcement emailed to me -- as I would expect.

Question: How old are these announcement emails you're seeing in your email? Is this something happening right now with current announcements you're entering?

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM - Response #3

Hello D0n,
Thanks for bringing this up. I thought it was just me and about to send on the same topic. I can't recall ever having sent these notifications each time I edit the home page.

And in reply to Brad's question when this happened ?
It started yesterday or the day before,after I posted prayer request for the 20 children senselessly massacred.
Then today, I got notifications:
1. a new donor announcement, I didn't edit nor update
2. notification about an article on the home page I didn't
edit.
3. another announcement of the same prayer request.
Thank you Brad!

Edited 12/18/12 4:46 PM
Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM - Response #4

Thelma, please forward the two messages you mention to customersupport@classcreator.com

Thanks!

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM - Response #5

Same thing was happening with my website.. I changed a picture in the announcement area and got an email alerting about the change and I didn't place a check mark in the box to send to classmates.. I'm not sure if everybody got the email or just me.. This happened yesterday and again today.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 4:56 PM - Response #6

Ack, we see what's causing this. It is already resolved. Thank you all for reporting this so swiftly. I apologize for this, this one slipped through through the cracks I'm afraid... Fully corrected at this time and will not happen again.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 5:01 PM - Response #7

Thank you Brad. No problem.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 5:04 PM - Response #8

Thank you, Brad.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 5:10 PM - Response #9

Thank you, CC

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 5:22 PM - Response #10

I noticed the same issue this morning. I revised and saved two announcements on the home page and DID NOT check the notify box. Shortly thereafter I was surprised to receive notification of these two announcements. When I did the same thing yesterday, I did not receive a notification, which is the way the notify function has been working.

I decided to revise another announcement this afternoon and save it WITHOUT checking the notify box (to see what would happen). I waited a half hour and did not receive a notification, which is the way the notify function should be working. Perhaps the unexpected notifications were just some kind of programming glitch this morning.

Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 8:52 PM - Response #11

I have the opposite problem. I checked the box to send out an e-mail to everyone when I updated an announcment, but it appears that no one received it.

I have just taken over as our site adminitrator and it was my first update, so maybe I did something wrong. I did notice that I chose to receive such e-mails once a day, so I changed it to immediately. It was sent out Wednesday night just before midnight, so I thought that the once a day e-mails would come later, but in checking the statistics page, there has been no increase in logging onto the site.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 11:47 PM - Response #12

Jim,

The "checked the box to send out an e-mail to everyone when I updated an announcment" checkbox isn't worded correctly (and it is going to be revised). It only notifies those classmates who have signed up with Notify Me to receive announcement updates. If you want everyone to get an email, you need to use the EMAIL THE CLASS feature.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.