ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Applying fonts to Announcements

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/28/11 08:55 AM Views: 1189 Replies: 5
Monday, March 28, 2011 at 8:55 AM

In the second announcement on my homepage, I can not get fonts or text color to apply to the announcement. (The first and third announcement have the correct fonts.)

When editing the second announcement it appears everything is as it should be, but when you display announcements from the home page, the second announcement displays in the default font and color.

Anyone have a suggestion as to what may be the problem?

Thanks, Bob

Monday, March 28, 2011 at 11:10 AM - Response #1

Hi Bob --

Are you pasting in the text from another source such as Word or an email?

When you have your announcement open in the edit mode. Switch to Source Code and see if there are any HTML tags to set the font.

Finally, when you have the announcement open in the edit mode, select all the text and try setting the font, style, size and color again and re-save the announcement.

Monday, March 28, 2011 at 11:59 AM - Response #2

Good answers John. I would have asked about the same.

Bob, let us know.

Monday, March 28, 2011 at 1:34 PM - Response #3

I did not paste anything from Word. I typed everything that is there - it's only a couple of sentences.

When I look at the code in "source" mode, I see html code specifying the font and color. When I switch away from source and back to edit mode, the information shown in edit mode looks as it should, i.e., right font and color.

I save those changes and go to home page and the second announcement is presented in black letters and default font.

I'm sure it has to be something simple that maybe I'm overlooking as the first and third announcements all show as they should. Just the second one is not displaying correctly.

Thanks, Bob

Monday, March 28, 2011 at 6:34 PM - Response #4

Scott - could there be code in the previous announcement that is setting what will follow?

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 10:59 AM - Response #5

I have tried a few different things and I can't seem to find the problem either. There is absolutely code in here that is throwing this off, but I can't find it. Here is what I recommend. Copy and paste your content into a basic text editor... like Notepad. This will ignore all font formatting. Be sure to copy your extra code for third party stuff as well. Once you have all of your content, open the announcement and click the source button. Select all of the code and delete it. Now Click Source again and copy / paste your content from the Notepad document back into the Editor. Now, format your fonts and sizing in the editor. Save and view. You will likely need to do this for all 3.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.