ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Profile Update Reminder - 6 months

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/21/11 12:43 PM Views: 1087 Replies: 11
Monday, February 21, 2011 at 12:43 PM

How often does this process. For example, If I have a classmate that last updated their profile on 5/1/2010.
1. When would the first message have been sent?
2. How often will the system system another reminder.
3. Does the act of updating the DETAIL or PROFILE information qualify as an update and disable this till the next cycle or does the change HAVE TO BE ON THE PROFILE PAGE.
4. If the classmate literally has nothing to change in either DETAIL or PROFILE, will simply clicking on save (on either (depending on the answer of #3 above) count as an update?

Monday, February 21, 2011 at 2:22 PM - Response #1

Notifications are sent daily at 5am (at least the script begins running at that time.)

A Save with no changes is currently treated as an Update.

In the end, we are currently working on some massive upgrades to this portion of the system and everything will be altered in terms of how it is tied together and in terms of how the notifications are sent. I can't provide a release date - but this is a top priority project.

Monday, February 21, 2011 at 2:35 PM - Response #2

Followup:
1. You did not answer whether a save of DETAILS or PROFILE will work.
2. So my classmates will recieve this note EVERYDAY until the system detects an update?

Monday, February 21, 2011 at 3:40 PM - Response #3

Currently it is triggered from the Profile page. They only get this message of not having updated their profile, one time... not daily. And, we are really turning this portion of the system on its ear with with all the new changes. And when we release these changes, I'm sure there will be many new questions. However, I can say it will be much more flexible and robust.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 10:36 AM - Response #4

When can i expect these new changes?

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 11:52 AM - Response #5

I'm not privied to such information for fear that I might leak it to the Admins. Wink

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 1:34 PM - Response #6

OK you say that the 6 month warning goes out only once - which is better than DAILY. but what happens after 7,8,9 months...a year? I think it shoud go out monthly or every other month after the first time IF NO UPDATE RECEIVED.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 2:46 PM - Response #7

Just talking about what I think it SHOULD do:....
Every month after six months - that would be too annoying.
I would say EVERY SIX MONTHS, (6mo. 1 year, 1.5 years), not every month after six months.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 3:03 PM - Response #8

not that it really matters what i think but i think it should resend every 2 months. 6 months is just too long.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 at 4:30 PM - Response #9

For the record: I'm with Kyle. I'd get a bit irritated - more frequently strikes me as naggingRolling Eyes

Hopefully the new changes make this variable - 8 monthsCool

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 at 5:09 PM - Response #10

It really should be a variable that the ADMIN defines. What is good for you may or may not fit with me or others.

Additionally, as the possibility that there is nothing new to update in the profile exists, which could make the whole thing may be ambiguous.

I would like to have a whole new AUTOMATED NOTE note that is generated based on a Admin Defined Variable compared to the LAST LOGIN DATE. This is more effective than the update to profiles and we can use it and send a WE'VE MISSED YOU message. Additionally, there should be the ability to send a global email to members that have not logged in since a specific date of with a specified period.

But I waste pixels.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 at 4:08 PM - Response #11

We have an advanced options page in the works , planned for after our major projects are completed. We will file this request with that project. Thanks.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.