ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Ideas for connecting post-reunion

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/16/22 10:20 PM Views: 3276 Replies: 4
Friday, September 16, 2022 at 10:20 PM

We're having our 50th reunion next weekend & you know there will be lots of good stories told. Anyone have any ideas on how we can capture those stories for those who weren't at the reunion (or weren't listening to the stories...)? I'm thinking of something other than the Message Forum - something that's clearly identified as something like "Stories" or "High School Memories" (or hopefully something more clever than that). Is it possible to create a page that allows classmates to contribute things like this? Thanks in advance.

Friday, September 16, 2022 at 11:19 PM - Response #1
your-reunion-stories-v3-compressed.pdf

Hi Marianne,
There is a free product named NewlyWords (newlywords.com) that allows individuals to submit different types of stories. They are collected and output as a PDF.

Contributors can modify their stories prior to PDF generation and can see what other contributors have written (if allowed by the Administrator). Pictures can also be added.

The software is very easy to use. The final PDF could then be dropped into a page of your website.

A quick sample is in the link below
Your text to link here...
See Sample PDF below

Edited 09/17/22 2:05 PM
Saturday, September 17, 2022 at 8:15 PM - Response #2

Another easy option would be HTML Comment Box (htmlcommentbox.com). It is free (or $5 a month for the enhanced version). It offers basic commenting and pictures.

You just copy and paste their code into one of your website pages to set it up. It can be up and running in 10 minutes.

See sample below

Saturday, September 17, 2022 at 8:49 PM - Response #3

That comment thing is pretty nice. I'll see if class will actually use it.

Saturday, September 17, 2022 at 8:52 PM - Response #4

Jack, I think your boat sunk!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.