ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Tech Issue 10/20

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/20/14 06:19 PM Views: 722 Replies: 5
Monday, October 20, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Class Connection is currently experiencing an unusual issue between us and our Amazon Cloud (S3) connection. This issue is causing image uploads to stall, ultimately slowing and then overloading the system to the point of non responsiveness.

The issue is rare. We have never seen it before. In order to address and create workarounds for this situation we have currently disabled image uploads in the Profile area, Image Editor, and CK Editor.

As we work through this there may be moments of slowness this evening or non responsiveness. I don't yet have an ETA for resolution but we're expecting this to be solved sometime later this evening.

Monday, October 20, 2014 at 6:36 PM - Response #1

Image uploads still disabled in 3 areas but system slowness/non responsiveness issue should be solved at this time. Need to complete some workarounds on the images issue and uploading should be back online in a bit.

Monday, October 20, 2014 at 6:47 PM - Response #2

See my other post. This also applies to uploading pdf files.

And....I am having this problem in Class Creator - not working in Class Connection right now.

Edited 10/20/14 6:47 PM
Monday, October 20, 2014 at 7:39 PM - Response #3

Yes -- this is affecting most uploads. We pass most uploads on to the Amazon Cloud (S3) for long-term storage and fastest serving. The issue will take awhile to resolve tonight but the IT folks have a firm grasp of the issue and required resolution.

Monday, October 20, 2014 at 9:01 PM - Response #4

Early word from IT is the image issue is now fixed. We had to reboot the entire system for updates to take effect at 8:30 p.m. EST, leaving us offline for 15 minutes. I apologize for any inconvenience this caused this evening. Just thankful for a capable IT team who knows how to handle these things. Back to smooth sailing.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 8:23 AM - Response #5

Yep. Good now. Thnx.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.