Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Privacy, Security and customization

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 07/25/11 03:43 PM Views: 1423 Replies: 7
Monday, July 25, 2011 at 3:43 PM

THE CONTACT FORM ON: http://www.classcreator.com/contact.cfm
DOES NOT WORK!

I'd like to add a standard privacy policy statement to our website (perhaps on a standalone page, or a permanent link to it in the footer) Does classcreator have one we can use?

Also, Is it possible to add captcha security to verify that new classmates are real people when they join the site?

When will I be able to adjust the hierarchy of the navigation menu to put "Home Page" at the top?

I would love more "advanced" control of this site, the ability to FTP to my root directory would be great, as well as the capability to create my own web page templates, add the jQuery library and write my own custom css stylesheets - is this possible?

Monday, July 25, 2011 at 8:56 PM - Response #1

1) What happens when you submit the contact form? What browser or device are you using? I just ran a quick submission in Firefox and everything appears fine. If it's device or browser specific I'm hoping you can tell me exactly what you're using. I'm not aware of any problems with the form but there's always something new.

2) No we do not have a standard privacy policy we supply. However plenty of others have added them according to their needs. Maybe somebody can post a link to their site below with one they don't mind being copied.

3) No ability to add captcha to the join process currently. Can you enlighten me though, how would this help? Is a bot somewhere trying to complete the join process? If so I've never seen such a thing before. We've certainly seen cases of hijacking, thus the New Classmate Verification feature in your Preferences area, but a captcha wouldn't help with that of course considering the hijacker is a real person who could type in the captcha. So short of having a problem with an automated bot I don't see a captcha helping. Let me know exactly what kind of problem you're experiencing.

4) At the launch of Class Creator 3.0. So many new things are bundled up in one release it's taking awhile here. The good things is when it's done it all comes out at once. So many new things depend on the other new things being in the system too, so there didn't prove to be a very good way of implementing many of the new feature piecemeal.

5) No. Not for the moment anyway. And not until after we have 3.0 out there. However, some of these things are the next logical evolution of the system. So I'll be planning for these more advanced features once the major 3.0 revisions are live and running smoothly.

Monday, July 25, 2011 at 9:08 PM - Response #2

We have a privacy notice at the bottom of our home page. You are welcome to take a look.

Monday, July 25, 2011 at 9:16 PM - Response #3

I'm on Windows 7. I attempted to complete your contact form using both Google Chrome version 12.0.742.122 and Internet Explorer Version 8. In both instances, when I click "submit", nothing happens. The contact form on my classcreator website however, is functioning perfectly.

The captcha feature was a security concern from one of my sites classmates and its implementation was their recommendation. I have no knowledge of any bots attempting to complete the join process, however this is not to say that it couldn't happen and it is just one extra precaution to ensure that the person joining is actually "human." I think it would be a nice feature to allow Site Admin's the option of incorporating it into the join process.

When do you anticipate 3.0 going live? I read "later this year" - but am hoping for a more definitive time frame.

Monday, July 25, 2011 at 9:18 PM - Response #4

Thank you Vicki!

Monday, July 25, 2011 at 9:21 PM - Response #5

In reference to real classmates, I added a question in the profile generator as to who the school principal was and their "nick name". It would take some real hard research to get these answers.

Monday, July 25, 2011 at 10:23 PM - Response #6

We have a privacy notice on the bottom of our homepage..you are welcome to copy and use it!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 7:12 AM - Response #7

Hey Jonathan ~ We have a less formal privacy notice on our log-in page you can check out.
Each registering classmate is approved by me, and I do check out their info first to make sure they are legit.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.