ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Getting Messages (or not)

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/26/08 09:42 PM Views: 1182 Replies: 7
Wednesday, November 26, 2008 at 9:42 PM

I keep getting emails saying "you have a new message waiting" at your website. I go to the website and there's no message. This has happened about 4 times to me in the past week. I can see from the email who the mesages were supposedly from but there's no message! What's up with this?
Thanks,
Sue

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 at 10:48 PM - Response #1

1) Click on FAQs above
2) Click on Questions About Email
3) Read Question #7

Granted, 4 times is a little unusual. Or a lot unusual actually. I wonder if your email provider is queing email. Are you reading emails on yoru site and delting them, and then maybe getting your regular POP3 email later?

In any case, it's extremely doubtful you've actually missed an email. If you want to be sure though, in your regular email program just click the reply button and as the original sender what they sent. I suspect they will reply that they sent you something you've previously read.

Thursday, November 27, 2008 at 12:05 AM - Response #2

I've had this happen a few times. Finally, one classmate apologized for sending an empty message. She was at work and the phone rang so she clicked to get off the page. And, as a result, I rec'd any 'empty' email.
I've also seen other admin's comment that they (too) are receiving 'empty' emails.

I wonder if this section could be set up to advise the sender that the message box is empty and
1) do they wish to send or do they wish to "cancel" OR
2) automatically NOT 'send' IF the message box is empty and then pop up and immediately let the sender know the 'msg' 'wasn't' sent because there was no message.

Edited 11/27/08 12:06 AM
Thursday, November 27, 2008 at 1:37 AM - Response #3

Already does this. A message subject and something in the message body are required in order to send anything.

Thursday, November 27, 2008 at 12:29 PM - Response #4

Sandi Baker wrote:

I've had this happen a few times. Finally, one classmate apologized for sending an empty message. She was at work and the phone rang so she clicked to get off the page. And, as a result, I rec'd any 'empty' email.
I've also seen other admin's comment that they (too) are receiving 'empty' emails.

Empty ones are getting thru.

Thursday, November 27, 2008 at 7:37 PM - Response #5

Try emailing an empty one to yourself. I don't think you can do it. Are you sure the one you got didn't have a . or something like that in there? If they type one lone character they can send the message. But, they cannot send an empty one. Please forward me one of your empty ones, let me take a look.

Thursday, November 27, 2008 at 7:51 PM - Response #6

I had no reason to save empty emails and thought nothing of it really until I saw other people posting about receiving them.
I do not recall seeing even a . in a text box, no. I just recall the text box being totally empty.
I did try it myself and it does say you can't and 'no' I haven't gotten it to date.
I will let you know if I receive another, and perhaps the others that mentioned it should do the same.

Thursday, November 27, 2008 at 7:57 PM - Response #7

Perfect. If anybody should receive a blank email in the future I'd like to see it. Just forward to mail@classcreator.com.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.