ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

2 items

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/07/18 03:58 PM Views: 463 Replies: 2
Tuesday, August 7, 2018 at 3:58 PM

We had a request from a Member. He asks can we separate the birthday list by class year? I guess he does not want to see all, just his year.

FYI We really made a push to get all 2,705 people that are "In Memory" a Rose. We looked up old newspaper archives for wedding announcements to check the the married name and then looked up married name for obits. If all else failed we then posted the comments the student made in the yearbook. There may only be 20 or 30 left without a rose. Next we are going to ask everyone if they knew anyone without a rose to add a comment. I know it sounds like a little thing but it was a lot of work.

Another project that our Association completed is to put a "Veterans Wall" in the High School. If anyone was in the Service we put their name up on plaques. So far we have over 1,100 Veterans out of 29,000 students. The National Average is 7% of people join the Military so we are only half way there in getting up names.

Just thought I would rant.

Friday, August 10, 2018 at 4:33 PM - Response #1

I will inquire with the team if we can separate by class year.

To add a rose, simply add a comment at the bottom of their In Memory profile.

Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 12:46 AM - Response #2

Good idea, Ray!

As to adding a rose for each member In Memory, I have thought of adding a comment or, for some, their "I will (classmate or faculty member) ______" for those who have it. If nothing else, there is the list of activities and clubs they participated in.

I'd like to see your Veteran's page. Is it open to the public?

Have a good weekend!

Gwen

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.