ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Domaine Name

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/16/10 10:19 AM Views: 1983 Replies: 10
Friday, July 16, 2010 at 10:19 AM

How can I tell when our domain name needs to be renewed, and how/where do I renew it?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Ava
www.terralinda72.com

Friday, July 16, 2010 at 10:46 AM - Response #1

Kathy is the person with the account at classnames.net. She can log into that system to manage the account. I am able to provide the exp date for you:
Expiration date: 03 Aug 2011

Scott

Friday, July 16, 2010 at 11:03 AM - Response #2

Thank you Scott for the information!

Friday, July 16, 2010 at 1:01 PM - Response #3

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

Kathy is the person with the account at classnames.net. She can log into that system to manage the account. I am able to provide the exp date for you:
Expiration date: 03 Aug 2011

Scott

Talking about Domain names..ours expires in Nov. and we want to change the name to AHSChgo646566.com. Before we change it..should I blast an email to the class??? Will their bookmark still bring it to our site?? I know it's a little early to worry about it..but I rather know now..they later.

Friday, July 16, 2010 at 1:16 PM - Response #4

If you do not intend to renew the current domain name, I would go ahead and start this process now. You would buy the new domain name at classnames.net, enter it into the field on your Register Domain page, and click the Activate Your Domain Name Now button. Then, inform us that you want the old address to continue to point people to the site until the domain name expires. This is something we will complete on our end (Jessica). Then, absolutely, do an email to the class notifying them of the change and for that matter, place an announcement on the homepage telling people to update their bookmarks. Also, if you get this ball rolling now, you can make an announcement at your reunion. Then you could even pass out printed information that people could save and take home with them telling them about the domain change.

Friday, July 16, 2010 at 1:43 PM - Response #5

Thanx..Scott..I will do that. What a great idea!!! Wink

Monday, July 26, 2010 at 11:37 AM - Response #6

Scott,

A couple of days ago I renewed our Class Creator web site subscription 10 years. I think I have a year left on my domain name. Can I extend my domain name to match up with the web site expiration ten years down the road?

If I can, where would I go to extend the domain name for an additional 9 years?

Thanks in advance for your guidance, Jim
Irondequoit High School Class of 1980

Monday, July 26, 2010 at 1:34 PM - Response #7

Jim - I will email you directly with details.

Monday, August 23, 2010 at 7:59 PM - Response #8

Scott, I am also wondering when our class domain names expired. Are you able to help me with that? I have received a couple of letters but weren't sure if I had the correct company or if I am being spammed. Thanks, Teresa

Monday, August 23, 2010 at 8:19 PM - Response #9

Your domain expires 1/29/2011 - it is registered with http://www.classnames.net any other notices are spam

Monday, August 23, 2010 at 8:38 PM - Response #10

Thank you!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.