ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

MUSIC

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/01/18 01:04 PM Views: 1058 Replies: 7
Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 1:04 PM

I CAN'T SEEM TO BE ABLE TO HAVE MY PLAYLIST WORK ON THE "WHAT'S NEW" PAGE.
HELP.

Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 2:41 PM - Response #1

The What's New page is one of the only pages that you can't add a playlist player to. Your only option would be to add the player to another page (like the homepage) as a popout player so that when the member then navigates to the What's New page, it is already open in the popout player.

Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 5:01 PM - Response #2

There is actually a way to make a playlist player appear on the What's New Page. If anyone is interested I can post the code to make that happen.

Sunday, February 5, 2023 at 6:22 PM - Response #3

Jack, How do I add a pop-out player or playlist player that plays music while one is surfing the site?
Thanks!

Sunday, February 5, 2023 at 7:19 PM - Response #4

Hi Leahray,
I'm sure jack will provide the info you asked about. Just want to show you another option that is available. Click the link below to see. It is from Elfsight.com and it is the "Background Music Player" widget.

Your text to link here...

Edited 02/05/23 7:34 PM
Sunday, February 5, 2023 at 11:02 PM - Response #5

Current Browsers will NOT autoplay music (or videos) unless the user has authorized that. Most users probably do not enable.

There is an option for the user on JVideoplayer to click Popup player on the top right. That plays music while the user browses your site Cool One needs a separate "window" to allow the music to stick around as site is traversed.

Safari is fussy about creating popups automatically and I think also newer browsers don't like automatic popup windows, so I decided not to do that automatically. I also can't test Safari since they abandoned the Windows world. One can add some code to generate a new window when clicked - a user asking for an option is different. That's what I did for our site. So if the user wants it, they can decide by clicking.

I could see if that bit of code I have could be made an option - still not sure Safari would work. Just doing MP3 is very simple code. Maybe just for MP3?

IMO letting a user pick the option vs forcing it on them is more acceptable today - so the simplest is to point that out maybe.

Way back when autoplay, etc became available (and magic then) a lot of site blasted out stuff ... that was not pleasant, hence the changes.

Monday, February 6, 2023 at 4:56 PM - Response #6

Could you do that bit of code for MP3? I can test it on safari to see if it works here. ??

Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 1:42 AM - Response #7

Verified that one can not do Popups without user interaction (default setting in browsers). So it has to be a button (or similar) that a user clicks to get a popup. It's a fairly recent change to all the browsers (10 years?).

Not that long ago, various virus stuff would generate zillions and zillions of popups driving you nuts trying to stop them. Hence the decision by all the main browsers to no longer allow auto generated popups.

The player code would activate if a user clicked the Button. IOW there has to be a button on your page for the user to activate. This would generate a new Window (aka Popup) that then stays active until the user closes or ends main session.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.