ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Dedicate a Specific Topic in a Classmate's IN MEMORY section?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/23/10 06:32 PM Views: 1129 Replies: 3
Saturday, October 23, 2010 at 6:32 PM

One of our Classmate's who passed away 20 years ago, we had no information other than date of her death.

About a month ago, her husband was located, and now we are finding out many things about Judie (the deceased classmate). Mainly, we have found she published several books of poetry. All her classmates remember Judie during High School constantly cranking out poems after poems.

Recently, one of our classmates at our 50th Reunion remembered Judie asking her to type 7 poems for her. That classmate saved those poems somewhere in a box for now 52 years!!!! Now these poems deserve to see the light of day in a dignified way.

My question, these no doubt need to go into Judie's In Memory Section, but I would like it to be specifically for these poems that I will release 1 per week to build say a "GALLERY of the subject. Is there any way to use Gallery Creator to place a Gallery directly in to In Memory Section? Or is there a similar way I might do this? I plan to Scan these poems for posting, as they are in Judie's OWN HANDWRITING, plus also typed.

Saturday, October 23, 2010 at 6:39 PM - Response #1

P.S. - This is special and I don't want this to be just a Comment section. I was thinking more in the Main In Memory Page where I normally post pictures and obituaries, etc.

However, this will get quite long in my opinion for that section. How about if I actually DID use Gallery Creator for this subject, then within the In Memory entry make a LINK to the Gallery?????? Would that work?

Saturday, October 23, 2010 at 7:33 PM - Response #2

Another thing you could do is edit her profile and put the information in her profile. Then at the bottom of the page of her In Memory is a link to go to her profile. You would need to Edit Site Pages, Edit In Memory page for Judie and then turn on this option:

Link To Profile:        
Append link to bottom of In Memory entry back to Classmate's last Profile.

But it might work for you.

Saturday, October 23, 2010 at 7:38 PM - Response #3

That sounds like a good plan too. At leaast, I have some options. I'll wotk on this tomorrow, and see what works best.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.