ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Reunion Planner showing attendees from prior event

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/30/22 05:05 PM Views: 275 Replies: 9
Saturday, April 30, 2022 at 5:05 PM

We used Class Creator for a prior reunion, and are now planning a new reunion. We created a new event, and have created a new reunion planner entry. Our reunion planner attendee list shows attendees from our prior reunion. Can someone help us figure out how to remove the attendees from the previous event?

Thank you!

Saturday, April 30, 2022 at 7:28 PM - Response #1

Hi Angela,

You don't need the Reunion Planner one on. It has all of your prior registration details in there. I turned it off. You have all the same details on your Event Planner - that is where everyone should be registering now.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Saturday, May 28, 2022 at 12:52 PM - Response #2

Jessica:

You say that "You have all the same details on your Event Planner".

In an older post, Kyle Erickson said "To e-mail each of the classmates who haven't paid yet, do this:
Reunion Planner
Attendees,
then click the button "Email all members who still owe money"

I don't appear to have access to the Reunion Planner. In the Event Planner, there doesn't appear to be a way to 'email all members that still owe money'

If my Event info populates to this Reunion Planner and there's a way to email those that haven't paid, could I get access to the Reunion Planner? Or a way to have that functionality in the Event Planner? Or am I simply not seeing this functionality?

TLDR - I want to email those that haven't paid for the event in a 'one & done' instead of one by one. Thanks.

Saturday, May 28, 2022 at 12:56 PM - Response #3

You could email classmates who had not registered. There wasn't a separate option for those who had registered but not paid yet.

We have the same option for Event Planner under

Event Planner > Edit > Quick Links > Reports >

There are attendees reports for each Activity and you can mail those who have registered or those who have not registered

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, May 31, 2022 at 1:05 PM - Response #4

Those are reports based, so, to be clear, I would have to download (Event Planner > Edit > Quick Links > Reports >), open a spreadsheet and then send emails one-by-one to those that have not paid? In looking through the Forums, it appears that in the Reunion Planner, there definitely must have been a way to "email those who have not paid", as there are multiple references to that functionality specifically, granted, in 2010-2012.

In the Event Planner reports, there is literally no "email all members who . . ." at the bottom of the reports with the exception of our class specific report where the only options are emailing to:
Attending Activity (52)
Not Attending Activity (245)

So, the only option I have is to send an email to "Attending Activity" and un-tick the ones that have paid on dual screens after downloading the report?

When in the middle of the registration process in setting up a reunion, it is important to be able to "Email attending but not paid". With all of the other (great, I might add) functionality of the ability to send emails in various IF/THEN situations, it is odd to not see this as a option at the bottom of the canned, basic "Event Activities Report", as the data is readily available at (Event Planner > Edit > Quick Links > Transactions)

Or perhaps, better yet, an ability to email "attending but not paid" at the bottom of the Transaction screen, as long as that's basically 'where we live' between announcing an event and the day of the event?

Edited 05/31/22 1:11 PM
Tuesday, May 31, 2022 at 1:46 PM - Response #5

It has always been Attending Activity vs Not Attending Activity.

Admins needed a way to send only those attending reminders about events they were attending (like a golf outing - where to meet, where to park etc.)
We also provided a way to send to those not attending so final reminders about ticket sales or openings on the golf outing could be sent only to those who had not yet signed up.

When you choose the Attending Activity (52) it comes up with the Email the Class system with those who are attending added to the list you are sending automatically - you can call up the report that shows who has paid and not paid and just remove the names of those who have paid. If you only have a few who have not paid you could go to Email the Class and simply add their names to the list you are sending to.

I can review this with the team as a possible wishlist item.

Jessica

Tuesday, May 31, 2022 at 2:31 PM - Response #6

The logic already exists from the Transactions module on the Event Planner (which is simply paid vs unpaid), so I guess I'd like it to be a wishlist item. Your call. If not, no harm, no foul.

I guess the Attending report (or for that matter Email The Class) deselecting all and ticking the unpaids is a close second, but with 200 or 300 classmates, and I have 14 unpaids out of 56 at present, that means a dual screen with the excel Attending Report unpaids on one side and the email on the other. TBH, I'd rather click "Email unpaid".

I understand in the grand scheme of Class Creator, this is a small one, but would help.

Thanks for your time, Jessica!

Tuesday, May 31, 2022 at 2:35 PM - Response #7

But I do have to add, our experience with what the system can do thus far has been *far beyond* our expectations.

All in all, an excellent experience overall so far.

Thanks! We NEVER would have come this far since November with phone trees and postcards!! Kudos to you & The Team!

Edited 05/31/22 2:37 PM
Wednesday, June 1, 2022 at 12:40 AM - Response #8

The programmers have added the email option to the bottom of the transactions page.

Jessica

Friday, June 3, 2022 at 2:59 PM - Response #9

Awesome! Thank you so much!!!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.